Sales and Business Development Manager - San Diego
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Sales and Business Development Manager for San Diego is
accountable for results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to
drive revenue for assigned business segments with the region.
Business segments include Drug Product and Active Pharmaceutical
Ingredient (API) development and manufacturing from pre-clinical to
late phase clinical. The Sales and Business Development Manager has
a scientific background including laboratory or pharmaceutical
manufacturing experience with a proven track record of sales
experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or CDMO industries. The
Sales and Business Development Manager is a highly inquisitive and
motivated, self-starter with a tenacious drive and ability generate
new to generate new pre-clinical/early clinical phase business
prospects, with demonstrated ability to maintain and grow strategic
customer relationships within small-mid-sized pharma and biotech
companies. The Sales and Business Development Manager uses his or
her technical knowledge and experience to drive leads and grow
accounts for Laboratory Services, Drug Product Manufacturing, and
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) business segments. This
position is field based and requires up to 50 percent travel. The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in the
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Plans and implements strategy for assigned territories and
business segments where cultivating relationships, plans and
implements strategy for acquisition and management of business from
small-mid-sized pharma and biotech companies within assigned
territories and business segments where cultivating relationships,
identifying opportunities and new business development skills are
* Researches, identifies and develops new preclinical and early
phase development and manufacturing prospects from multiple sources
including outbound leads from cold calling and email campaigns and
inbound leads from the company web-site.
* Represents Alcami by attending trade shows and conferences and
maintaining active membership and participation in industry member
groups and events.
* Owns lead generation for pre-clinical and early phase Drug
Product and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) development and
manufacturing within their region, as well as other services as
required by the business, through the full sales process from
prospect identification to close of business. Includes lead
generation, follow-up on proposal, terms and
conditions/contracting, and negotiations.
* Knowledgeable and collaborates closely with the Inside Sales and
Business Development and mid-large pharma-focused Sales and
Business Development teams to generate leads and grow new
* Serves as a subject-matter-expert for Drug Product and Active
Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) development and manufacturing, and
coaches and mentors less experienced Sales and Business Development
* Owns the customer relationship for assigned services; maintains
and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer needs
internally. Collaborates internally and externally to facilitate
the development of profitable business and sustainable
* Drives year on year growth of new business from existing and new
accounts within their region.
* Maintains accurate customer data and updates to the Customer
Relationship Management system (Sales Force). Generates timely
reports (i.e. activity reports, metrics, sales targets or
forecasts) as requested.
* Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy
information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace,
internally. Monitors and reports on market and competitor
activities and provides relevant reports and information,
* Collaborates with Marketing to develop marketing campaigns and
analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Microbiology,
Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering) required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in CDMO sales and business
development, project management, contract management, or
pharmaceutical or CDMO laboratory experience required. 5+ years of
* Prior pharmaceutical or CDMO laboratory services work experience
* Prior external sales, account management or business development
* This position may be filled at a senior level depending on
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Knowledge of cGMP and drug development process through course
work or prior work experience required.
* Prior pharmaceutical or CDMO experience in technical functions of
development or manufacturing preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
* Excellent project management, organization skills and ability to
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Results orientation, determined and a self-starter; comfortable,
willing and able to make cold calls.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic
* Ability to build and grow strong customer relationships, and
ability to influence others.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Proficiency utilizing internet and social media tools for
researching potential leads.
* Technology orientation with the ability to gain proficiency using
a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) required. Prior
experience with a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM),
preferably Salesforce, preferred.
* Prior experience or exposure to
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Sales and Business Development Manager - San Diego, Sales , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!