Customer Service Rep II
Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionCUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II
Location: Wilmington, NC
Assist customers in an office environment. in an efficient and
courteous manner either by accepting payment and resolving customer
inquiries. Monitor computer functions and perform data entry.
Perform other duties as assigned and assist with customer service
related activities for the District office. Maintain good customer
relations and ensure that company and departmental procedures are
followed. Keep abreast of any changes in documentation
requirements, methods of payments and reconciliation of accounts
and additional tasks as assigned by the District Manager.
- Assist customers in person
- Understand and communicate Company programs, as they pertain to
specific customer situations and be able to use the programs to
attract and maintain quality customers.
- Prepare work orders for billing.
- Collect and reconcile cash.
- Prepare daily reports and bank deposits.
- Calculate bulk delivery tickets.
- Prepare work orders to be dispatched to operational
- Print, reconcile and distribute reports and
- Perform other related functions as assigned by the District
Manager or Customer Service Manager.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a friendly, courteous and
- Charge customer accounts for services rendered such as
deliveries of propane, labor and parts.
- Verify information on work orders is correct and
- Issue credits and adjustments when necessary.
- Review figures to ensure proper accounts are being charged and
billing is correct.
- Reconcile daily payments that are received through the mail and
- Prepare all daily work into batches and enter into the
- Prepare daily cash reports to be sent to the Corporate
- Reconcile all cash taken daily and prepare bank
- Calculate and reconcile the gallons delivered on the bulk
drivers settlement sheet on a daily basis.
- Receive and transmit information to and from service,
installation and delivery personnel.
- Enter any changes on customer's accounts:
- Edit for accuracy, Post transactions to proper accounts,
Calculate and print as required:
- Sales Journals Cash Receipts Finance Charges Disconnect
- Pricing Tables M-T-D Gallon Sales Aged Trial Balance
- Print month end reports and distribute to all applicable
- Calculate and maintain accurate finance agreements.
- Prepare credit history checks for prospective
- Maintain customer and vendor files and store batches and
- Type correspondence.
- Attend training seminars.
- Order office and computer supplies.
- Keep abreast of all rate changes and ensure proper
- Ensures that routine reports (month end and others) are
reviewed and completed within the set deadlines.
- Maintains good customer relations.
- Interprets, monitors and implements company policies, as they
pertain to customer service.
- Preparation of accounts to be turned over to internal
- Involvement with Public Assistance Programs.
- Interviews customer to determine eligibility for Public
Assistance program and recommends a referral.
- Monitors and initiates all collection and
- Maintains and processes deposits.
- Verify all new deposits daily and Verify all refunded
- Run a tape of all deposits to agree with report total
- Monitors and processes changes in budget billing.
- Review budgets to determine the need for increasing budget
- Assist in preparation of the customer budgets.
- Determination of any new equipment or people necessary to
enable department to run more efficiently.
- Monitor and manage expenses to stay within budgetary
- Review daily billing schedule and ensure it is completed and
mailed. Ensure data base receivable is proved daily.
- Evaluate requirements for personnel, materials, supplies as
they relate to the office and make recommendations to the District
Manager or Customer Service Manager.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- PC experience mandatory.
- Excellent customer contact skills. Excellent supervisory
skills. Collection techniques. Strong organizational
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Detail oriented and experience in computer processing helpful.
Working knowledge of basic office equipment/machines. General
understanding of office procedures and good public relation skills.
Operation of at least PC programs (Lotus 123 or Excel, and one word
processing program; Microsoft Word or Word Perfect.) Public
- Ability to create, customize and apply intermediate Microsoft
Word and Excel skills to many variable spreadsheets and office
documentation. Intermediate Windows skills required to navigate,
store and apply filed folder management, and general software
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Must have good telephone communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One to Three Years
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources
Operations at email@example.com.Qualifications
BehaviorsTeam Player - Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented - Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
EducationHigh School (required)
Experience1 - 3 years: Customer Service (required)
- Customer Service (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , Customer Service Rep II, Sales , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!