Manufacturing Maintenance Tech II
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II is accountable for
driving results in a fast-paced environment by directly supporting
a wide range of service disciplines covering HVAC systems,
electrical troubleshooting, mechanical equipment repair and general
maintenance in a FDA registered pharmaceutical processing
environment. The Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II operates
in a highly technical fast paced environment requiring past
experience related specifically to keeping production business
running. The Manufacturing Maintenance Technician II applies
critical thinking and consider all business impact aspects before
taking job related actions that could cause unwanted consequences
such as loss of revenue, unsafe events and other risks. He or she
is able to apply independent judgment and perform in a small
company environment, where rapid changes occur constantly. The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs scheduled P.M. s on equipment and record all necessary
data as required and in accordance with Company SOP s and cGMP
* Assists in installation and retrofit of facilities equipment in
accordance with Company SOP s and cGMP s.
* Ensures Maintenance Management informed of all developments on a
* Performs necessary repairs to equipment and physical plant as
required in a safe, clean and efficient manner in response to
maintenance work requests.
* Troubleshoots manufacturing equipment as necessary, working with
equipment owners, engineers and equipment vendors. Involved in
developing solutions for equipment issues.
* Establishs and maintains a thorough understanding of the design,
proper operation and maintenance of Company process, HVAC s
systems, boiler, air compressors, and water systems.
* Completes required paperwork and documentation, work orders and
GMP documents in a clear, accurate and in a timely manner. Develop
and encourage good interpersonal working relationships among
Facilities staff and with other customer departments (internal and
* Maintains an organized and clean work space at all times.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
* Is on call periodically to monitor and respond to facility and
manufacturing equipment repairs and issues.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent with 3+ years of experience
working in a regulated environment (FDA, NRC or similar performing
repairs on production and/or utility equipment. Associate s Degree
* Prior cGMP experience preferred.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills
* Basic electrical troubleshooting required.
* Strong understanding of Standard Operating Procedures
* Ability to read P&ID s and electrical schematics
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated
* Working knowledge of Control Systems, PLCs & HMIs preferred.
* Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
to schedule and document work performed preferred.
* Working knowledge of general OSHA safety requirements
* Working knowledge of JCI Metasys Building Management System
* Working knowledge of REES Monitoring Systems
* Working knowledge of machinists equipment such as mills and
* Up to 5% Travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Manufacturing Maintenance Tech II, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!