Rolloff CDL Drivers w/ Manual Exp. $17
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranAre
you seeking a position with local
Want to work for a growing company?
Looking for great benefits and
competitive pay? Would you enjoy working
in a company culture focused on teamwork, customer service and
safety? If you are an experienced Class A or B CDL
driver and this sounds like you, Waste
Management has a great opportunity for you!
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a
Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste
environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed
foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial
serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial,
municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
energy production projects.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company
match on 401K,
Recognition and Rewards and more! And we
offer weekly paychecks! Our
employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
that benefits may vary by site.
- Pay: $17-$21 based on relevant industry experience
- Benefits after 90 day!
As a Roll-Off Driver you safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is
preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and
containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and
locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways,
traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments
industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential,
successfully perform this job. This position does involve you
getting in and
out of the truck and has physical labor involved.
Work schedule: Early morning start, 5:30 AM, 10-12 hour work day,
overtime available. Monday - Friday AND rotating weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management
Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety
and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned
equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service
related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training
programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route
efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents,
injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service
interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots,
alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customers
property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly
and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end
of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or
Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 1 year(s) of previous experience operating
a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must
be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License
with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen,
physical, and background check, which will include previous
check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- New drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Rolloff, dump truck and/or concrete truck driver
experience a plus
- Preference tanker endorsement
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- This position is physically
located at the Waste Management site in Wilmington, NC.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand,
finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects
more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and
lifting up to __ pounds.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving
a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which
involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Note: The level of
physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be
lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
click "Apply.I understand that applying to this job indicates that
I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to
perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job
with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if
offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Wilmington , Rolloff CDL Drivers w/ Manual Exp. $17, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!