Company: Airgas Inc
Posted on: August 14, 2019
AIRGAS USA, LLC IS HIRING A PLANT OPERATOR IN WILMINGTON, NC!!
ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM
EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a PLANT OPERATOR! Airgas
USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued
growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and
specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the
versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct
to our customers. BRING YOUR COMPETITIVE DRIVE AND ABILITY TO WORK
IN A FAST-PACED, RESULTS ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT TO AIRGAS!
The Plant Operator is responsible for examining, testing, filling,
and weighing compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in accordance
with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal
regulations. The Plant Operator is also responsible for meeting all
safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases in
accordance with Airgas procedures.
* Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging
gases into cylinders.
* Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests
before cylinders are released.
* Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained cylinders requiring
maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
* Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated
pressure gages and monitoring devices.
* Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight,
whichever is appropriate.
* Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and
that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with
local, state and federal regulations.
* Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
* Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when
* Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with
customers when necessary.
* If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* 0 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably in a
manufacturing or distribution environment.
* Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to routinely lift 25 60 lbs.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours,
frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling
and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing,
balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different
personalities and background.
* Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these
requirements are the exclusive standards of this position.
Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be
required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe
manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a
condition of employment.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas Inc, Wilmington , Plant Operator, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!