Company: EMCOR Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 14, 2019
The Maintenance Mechanic (Intermediate level) requires the ability
to troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical
equipment, and production machines and equipment. This individual
will have a strong knowledge of mechanics and the mechanical fit of
components, assemblies, and sub-assemblies required for maintaining
and restoring production machines to OEM specifications. They will
perform the day-to-day inspections, maintenance, and repairs of
· Troubleshoot and complete maintenance tasks ranging from simple
to very complex on mechanical, pneumatic, and vacuum systems.
· Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, procedures and
other specifications to determine the repair method on failed
· Ability to perform precision maintenance in the installation and
alignment of equipment following safe work practices utilizing hand
tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
· Follow established procedures to execute preventative and
predictive maintenance as required, including test equipment for
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments,
repair or replace defective parts, and install special functional
and structural parts in devices and equipment.
· Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly
documenting all maintenance actions, parts and times.
· Ability to prioritize daily work load and maintenance
requirements based on safety, defined plans and schedules, quality
and production requirements.
· Complete all Safety and general job training as required by
· Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and
procedures at all times.
· Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and
corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance
of maintenance duties.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas,
freezers, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust,
grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be
able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be
able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to
fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely
perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must
be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be
capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently,
working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
Reports to SIC Site Manager or shift Supervisor.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent technical trades knowledge.
* Good "people skills" and ability to work effectively in a
* Ability and willingness to work a rotating shift schedule.
* Ability to us calipers, micrometers, amp meters and gauges while
performing maintenance on plant equipment.
* Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove, repair or replace
defective parts, using hoists, hand tools, and power tools.
* Take initiative to meet target schedules, actively and
continuously working to improve processes and procedures.
* Demonstrated PC proficiency.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: EMCOR Group, Inc., Wilmington , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!