Maintenance Engineer - Sandcastle at the Pavilion
Company: Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort North at the Pavilion
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Location: Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort North at the Pavilion - Myrtle Beach, SC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $15.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Engineering
Join the 30-year-old company turned start-up that is making waves in Hospitality!
With forty hotels and resorts and home offices in Los Angeles and Waikiki, Springboard Hospitality has reinvented itself from a successful thirty-year legacy in small-scale hospitality management. Join us as we launch our next thirty years (and beyond) as the leader in independent and soft-branded lifestyle hotels.
Be a part of a team that values innovative thinkers from diverse backgrounds to help define a new intersection of bold ideas and problem solvers.
With properties in ten U.S. states, we're known for seamlessly navigating vital asset operations, from revenue management and human resources to marketing, food and beverage, and more. At Springboard, we emphasize the importance of progressive innovation as an integral component to our success.
Springboard has undergone a process of identifying five key words that define our essential characteristics. It is our belief that others who also identify with these key words as mirror images of themselves, have untapped potential to help create an innovative hotel management company while being their best selves each and every day. Those five words are...
PERSONALIZED > INDEPENDENT > DYNAMIC > CONNECTED > COLLABORATIVE
Maintain the hotel's assets through ongoing preventative maintenance programs and ensures that all mechanical systems are operating in accordance with Springboard Hospitality standards. Promotes quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Maintains rooms in optimal operating condition by performing repairs as needed. Repairs televisions, phones, clock radios, etc. Replaces or repairs damaged bathroom/kitchen fixtures and executes general plumbing as needed. Maintains the overall appearance of the room; replaces broken mirrors, hangs fixtures, does touch-up painting, etc. Repairs and maintains room's heating/ventilating/air condition systems. Uses both power and hand tools regularly in a safe, efficient manner.
- Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program. Prepares preventative maintenance cart for use each day. Performs preventative maintenance throughout the hotel; including both the front and heart of house, interior and exterior. Maintains the condition of hotel lobbies and public areas. Repairs furniture and decorations as necessary. Repairs carpet, tile and laminates as necessary. Repairs and maintains laundry/housekeeping equipment. Repairs/replaces windows and mirrors. Maintains exterior of buildings and grounds as necessary.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains and assists in the cleanliness of maintenance work areas.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and spas; handling all pool chemicals in a safe manner.
- Handles master set of keys in accordance to Springboard Hospitality standards for overall security of hotel.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIOS :
- Set up machine and make name tags and signs.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot and snow removal as needed.
- Make keys as requested
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and Springboard Hospitality Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to the General Manager.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
Keywords: Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort North at the Pavilion, Wilmington , Maintenance Engineer - Sandcastle at the Pavilion, Professions , Myrtle Beach, North Carolina
here to apply!