Commercial Construction Superintendent
Company: TA Loving Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Description/Job SummaryOversees site operations to ensure that
production goals and objectives of the project are accomplished
safely, within the prescribed time frame and budget, and to the
satisfaction of the contractual requirements by performing duties
personally. In the performance of these functions, it is the
Project Superintendent's responsibility to protect and promote T.
A. Loving Company's interests in all matters and to do what is
reasonably necessary to discharge his/her duties.
Responsibilities/DutiesSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Manages one or
more subordinate positions (Assistant Superintendent, Foreman,
Laborer) and/or subcontractors. Is responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, and evaluation of the site. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating
performances of employees and subcontractors on projects;
addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with
clients, inspectors, material suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Manages the on-site personnel of subcontractors, material
suppliers, and T. A. Loving field personnel in a manner that
facilitates the efficient and safe completion of project work
- Reviews budget to ensure accuracy of quantities and cost
incurred for same and assists the Project Manager in forecasting
additional expected costs.
- Responsible, either personally or through direct reports, for
all temporary labor production and costs.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the project schedule
based on the type of work and the necessary crews, equipment, and
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, works closely with the
Project Scheduler to update the master schedule.
- Studies project plans and specifications to establish a plan
for construction procedures necessary to complete the project in
the required time established in the contract documents and under
the established budget. The Project Superintendent shall remain
intimately familiar with the contract documents.
- Coordinates daily activities of field supervision team
(Assistant Superintendents, Foremen, etc.).
- Responsible for ordering and delivery of necessary tools,
equipment, and materials at required times for work schedule.
- Inspects work daily to verify the quality of work completed and
that it meets the requirements of contract documents and is being
completed in adherence with the contract schedule.
- Completes necessary daily and safety reports for the project as
required by company policy and contract documents.
- Assists Project Manager in completion of pay requests as
required by contract documents by providing completion percentages,
installed quantities, etc.
- Review and approve invoices from subcontractors and material
- Responsible for monitoring work practices and compliance with
company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that assigned projects are kept clean and orderly.
- Assist the Business Development Director with marketing efforts
and project pursuits.
- Proactively researches documents to find and eliminate
- Be present for, participate in and/or preside over
pre-installation meetings with subcontractors.
- Be present for and participate in Project Plan Presentations
and Post-Mortem Meetings.
- Create a learning environment for Assistant Superintendents and
other direct reports.
- Creates, enforces, and back-check punch lists.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and (5) to (7)
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Licensing/Certification: Must maintain a valid driver's license
and good driving record. OSHA Training courses as required by the
company safety procedures.
- Healthcare Experience
Who We AreWith over 97 years of higher education, healthcare, and
bridge/utility experience, T.A. Loving Company ( NC GC License No.
325) is a proven leader in the construction industry. Our
commitment to quality and integrity are just two examples of why we
have a repeat client list. We appreciate the long-term
relationships that we carry with us, and also the longstanding
employees that have stayed with our company for many years. Our
loyal employees make the success of our company possible, and many
employees have dedicated their entire careers to T.A. Loving.What
We Stand ForWhat you do matters. Experience T.A. Loving Company's
culture where you are valued and appreciated to work together to
live out our 5 Core Values: Integrity, Safety, Excellence, Client
Advocacy, Teamwork, and High Ethical Standards.
Keywords: TA Loving Company, Wilmington , Commercial Construction Superintendent, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!