Company: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production
shift as assigned on a rotating basis, including process,
packaging, maintenance and yard personnel. Scope of supervision
extends to maintenance and housekeeping duties. The Production
Supervisor is responsible for safety, quality, and productivity
through direct leadership and coordination of production.
25% Drive productivity and foster continuous improvement through
sound management practices including communication of goals,
training of operators, and operation of machines within established
process specifications, and identification and resolution of
production related issues.
15% Maximize production efficiencies, achieve targeted raw material
usages, and minimize yield losses while producing high quality
product in a safe manner.
15% Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production method or machinery
issues that are impacting run rates, downtime, or quality.
15% Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety
policy, housekeeping, and defined standards of training. Monitor
compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections
of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved or
20% Maintain an excellent quality level of product produced at the
lowest cost. Monitor key operating parameters to ensure the product
adheres to specifications while minimizing raw material usage. Work
with production operators to identify and reduce controllable
quality issues. Ensure each operator completes required quality
checks. Review results of audits performed by QA department and
communicate to production crew. Provide feedback to production crew
on all field complaints.
10% Participate in the selection discussion for filling open
operator positions and participate in the interview process for new
production personnel. Support communication throughout plant and
communicate the bonus program to employees at the plant. Monitor
and address poor attendance issues in a timely manner. Solicit and
obtain coverage for absences and vacations. Maintain accurate
timekeeping for production employees and ensure timecards are
approved on time.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level
* Facilitating Change
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
* Business Acumen
* Developing Others
* Stress Tolerance
* Decision Making
* Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and
* Familiar with computerized maintenance Management System (CMMS)
* Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and
* Proficient in the use of the various trending and statistical
manufacturing tools - QualTrend, Active Factory, WinSPC, etc.
* Understanding of basic statistics and use within the operational
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Planning and organizational skills including ability to manage
* Results oriented, high energy, credible, honest, self-motivated
* Proficient communications skills: written, verbal, and
* Coaching skills to include: demonstrating procedures, leading by
example, and persuading others
* Familiarity with safety activities including root cause
investigations, safe behavior observations, team activities,
industrial hygiene, and OSHA compliance
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to
* Must be able to climb ladder and/or stairs and walk on open
grating on elevated surfaces.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
* Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing,
stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
* Must be able to drive a forklift which requires sitting for long
periods of time, as well as the ability to use your arms and legs
to work the controls, breaks and steering wheel.
* Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication
as well as communication through automated devices such as the
* Occasionally operate business machines.
* High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor's
* A minimum of 3 years as a production supervisor or 5 years as a
lead operator in a heavy manufacturing environment.
* Experience in continuous process industry, preferably web
Direct reports: 17
Indirect reports: 5
Budget Responsibility: N/A
Travel Requirements: 5%
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer
competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all
full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast
are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or
Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that
requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for
positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without
need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Keywords: GAF Buildings Materials Corp. of America, Wilmington , Supervisor Production, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!