Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: Responsible for day-to-day
production within a machine shop. Supervise by motivating, and
supporting the staff daily, applying a team approach, and
maintaining open communication. Plans, schedules, strategizes, and
oversees all production activities while continually maintaining
profitability. Performs essential functions to ensure quality and
establishes and maintains effective communication with employees.
Responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling
of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems.You
will be accountable for meeting the department production and
quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the
company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- High degree of ownership for order process.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being
part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make
possible attractive financial returns so that the company may
continue to provide our excellent service to our customers and
ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
- Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure that all
employees under your supervision are aligned with the company
goals, training expectations and performance metrics.You and your
team are responsible for supporting the company's vision and
mission. This position requires tact, sensitivity, and
professionalism.Responsibilities and Duties: General and
- Maintain a professional demeanor that reflects the company's
commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for
- Supervise the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs
and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the Plant Manager on metrics
- Follow the systems and procedures outlined.Production
- Organize workflow according to workload to meet delivery
schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
- Maintain production and provide information to Sr. Management
regarding delivery dates, schedules and operating problems.
- Schedule, plan and conduct Morning Production Meetings.
- Schedule employee work hours.
- Prepare, update, and communicate the production schedule.
- Manage the coordination and control of all job/work
- Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all jobs and
adjust as needed
- Ensure the completion of all duties with a minimum of waste and
abuse to equipment.
- Ensure employee safety training is conducted as required by
Company Policy.Production Personnel
- Provide a positive, motivating example for employees.
- Conduct training or authorize training of production
- Conduct formal performance reviews per company policy.
- Initiate disciplinary measures according to company policy when
needed and dismiss production employees when all corrective
attempts have failed.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED with experience or
vocational/technical certification. * Bachelors preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with team-building techniques.
- Understanding of KPIs and similar metricsWorking Conditions:
- Standing for prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Fast-paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and
priority changes and short notice activity.Additional Duties: This
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as
requested by the Plant Manager.You may contact me directly @
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-679-9922All qualified
applicants will receive consideration with
Keywords: gpac, Wilmington , Production Supervisor, Professions , Aynor, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!