Company: Bristol Alliance of Companies
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Bristol Industries, LLC is seeking a Senior Estimator in our
Wilmington, NC location. The Estimator supports Program, Operations
and Project Managers by analyzing project requirements and
preparing cost estimates and detailed construction schedules.
Estimator will lead the efforts to price new work. Estimator will
serve as a resource to the project team throughout the project with
regard to scopes of work for vendors and subcontractors, and to
clarify bid assumptions, methods, schedule, etc., as required.
- Review project bid documents and coordinate with operations and
estimate team to ensure work plan and scope are thought through and
- Identify risk issues, their order of magnitude and proposed
solutions to minimize risks.
- Solicit subcontractor and supplier bids, relevant information
and work plans.
- Complete and review general conditions, schedule, scopes of
work, hoisting plans, site logistics, means and methods,
constructability, and other information to ensure competitiveness
and limit risks.
- Form effective relationships with client, design teams,
sub-contractors, suppliers that reflect and support company values
and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Dissect project documents to identify labor and materials
quantities, means, methods, equipment, restrictions, time, and any
other requirements for each definable feature of work.
- Resolve discrepancies with the assistance of other company
resources, and/or ask questions of the client via the proposal
- Assemble and present the prepared estimate, including all
backup information, rates, costs, units, quotes, etc.
- Maintain cost database for all projects bid, and work with
company resources to continually refine the database for
site-specific, regional, and scope-specific data.
- Ensure compliance with Bristol procedures and
- Travel as required for site visits, pre-construction meetings,
data gathering, and project support as required.
Required Knowledge or Skills
- Experience with Timberline estimating software or
- On-Screen Take-off or similar
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and
creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress,
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to assist and
communicate with staff and clients.
- Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency
with MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
ASPE (The American Society of Professional Estimators) Member,
AACEI (Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering
International) Member and/or DBIA certification
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related field. -
Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis in lieu of
education. - Minimum of seven to ten years of recent commercial and
or other sectors of estimating experience, leading estimating teams
on projects from $100k through $50MM.
Keywords: Bristol Alliance of Companies, Wilmington , Senior Estimator, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!