Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The Chemistry Analyst is accountable for driving results in a
fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and
non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients
development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. This position may also
be required to work on method development/method validation
projects. Typical types of testing include: assays (potencies,
related substances, residual solvents, metals etc.), moisture
content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based
measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly
employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied
include: titrations, UV, DSC, TGA, IR. Test methods employed may be
compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or
developed by Alcami). The Chemistry Analyst must have the ability
to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision
and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data is required.
The Chemistry Analyst will occasionally be called upon to support
and mentor other Analytical Chemists within the lab.
- Provides analysis, supports and troubleshooting with wet
chemistry techniques, UV, FTIR, TOC, Osmolality, AA, HPLC, and
- Performs analysis on raw materials and finished products.
- Performs routine sample processing for required analytical
- Performs maintenance of some analytical instruments.
- Develops new methods as required to support programs.
- Performs critical interpretation of analytical data.
- Maintains working knowledge of routine instrumentation,
equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to
standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
- Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific
- Analyzes information for technical correctness and
- Complies with applicable GMPs, peer checks information and
signs for GMP review. Brings aberrant information to the attention
- Participates in company sponsored training and maintains
current status of certifcations.
- Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company
personnel and clients.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of
- Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on
appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
- Suggests improvements for safety, work quality, and
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all
other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical laboratory
- Must have experienced using HPLC
*This is a contract position lasting 9 months, second shift (3pm to
11pm). Pay will range 18-24 per hour based on experience, not
including an additional 1.75 shift differential for working the
second shift*Why Kelly--?With Kelly, youll have access to some of
the worlds highest regarded scientific organizationsproviding you
with opportunities to work on todays most challenging,
research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead
you to innovative scientific pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found
opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge
and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel
your careerconnect with us today.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always
thinking about whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of
working to reach their full potential. In fact, were a leading
advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we
believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities
that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people
with great companies is what we do best, and our employment
opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and
industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Wilmington , Chemistry Analyst, Professions , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!