General Laborer (EVERGREEN)
Company: Southern Industrial
Posted on: November 7, 2019
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and
maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled
growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into
the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant
maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our
customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national
Southern Industrial is looking for general laborers for future
projects in North and South Carolina. You will be assisting with
various duties around the shop and yard.
· Measure distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches
· Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
· Level earth to fine grade specifications, using pick and
· Mix concrete, using portable mixer.
· Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using float,
trowel, or screed.
· Mop, brush, or spread paints or bituminous compounds over
surfaces for protection.
· Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or
stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
· Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal
· Grind, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete or steel, using
abrasive tools or machines.
· Perform variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and
tools such as demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling
forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers,
and cutting and attaching insulating material.
· Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
· Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or
· Regular attendance is required.
· Significant travel may be required.
· Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas,
warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to
dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather
conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property,
buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated
positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively
use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds.
Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the
essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to
safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of
standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in
confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel
lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Southern Industrial, Wilmington , General Laborer (EVERGREEN), Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!