Sales Consultant Non Commercial - Wilmington
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Description Build your career with TruTeam, a TopBuild
company.?TopBuild Corp. (NYSE: BLD) is the leading installer and
distributor of insulation products to the United States
construction industry, based on revenue. We provide insulation
services nationwide through TruTeam?, which has over 215 branches,
and distribute insulation through Service Partners?, which has over
75 branches. TopBuild Home Services? Environments for Living?
program, is committed to helping builders construct high
performance homes that are energy efficient, durable, and
safe.?TopBuild?s corporate headquarters is located in Daytona
Beach, FL. Our Core Values: Safety - Integrity - Diversity -
Customer Focus - Continuous Improvement - Innovation - High
Performance Teams SUMMARY Responsible for managing a geographic
territory and soliciting all opportunities to offer TruTeam
products and services to General Contractors, Home Builders,
Remodelers and Consumers with projects in the defined territory;
while articulating the TruTeam value proposition to these potential
clients. Additionally, TruTeam will have already established
clients in the territory, and the Sales Consultant will be
responsible for developing and cultivating relationships with
these, and potential clients. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Recommends products, materials and services based on customers?
needs and interests.
- Capable of identifying prospective customers and consistently
follows up on leads from existing as well as potential
- Uses Time and Territory Management, Sales and Sales Development
skills trained by TruTeam to deliver the TruTeam Value Proposition
and secure a ?relationship? with new and existing clients.
- Meets division expectations for closing sales ratios.
- Provides product knowledge and expertise to current and
- Monitors market conditions, product innovations and
competitors? products, prices and sales.
- Works majority of time outside of the office conducting sales
calls, providing proposals, generating new business leads, account
- Communicate company safety program to customers at the
inception of contact or sale by inspecting job sites to identify
any safety concerns
- Manages customer experience from initial sale to project
completion, including incoming phone calls and walk-ins requesting
- Supervisory or Management Responsibility - Not responsible for
supervising (hiring, firing, performance reviews or corrective
- Budget Responsibility ? Responsible for meeting sales and
direct margin budget expectations
- Decision-Making Level and Scope - Decisions may affect a work
unit or area within a division/department. May contribute to
business and operational decisions that affect the
- Independence of Action ? Partner with Division Manager (or
Sales Manager, if applicable) to set goals to achieve budgetary
expectations for sales and direct margin with defined measures and
metrics around quote activity follow-up and close ratio.
- Any other duty, task or responsibility as assigned. EDUCATION
- Minimum Degree: Bachelor?s degree and/or equivalent years of
- Course of study: Construction science or marketing
- Special Certification or Licensing: Must have a valid Driver?s
License. Must be able to pass CBC (Criminal Background Check) and
MVR (Motor Vehicle Report).
- Obtain applicable certifications/licenses as required.
- Special Requirements: Prior industry sales experience a plus.
Legal Age Requirements: At least 21 years of age TRAVEL
REQUIREMENTS Type of Travel Required: Local Amount of Travel
Required: > 1% PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Requires the safe usage of ladders
- Work is performed at installation sites - may require climbing,
stooping, balancing, kneeling, crawling, bending, lifting, driving
a car or truck and sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Noise levels are
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. or less TopBuild Corp. is an equal
opportunity employer. EOE Protected Veterans/Disability. Required
Skills REQUIRED SKILLS
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform complex calculations, capable of performing
?what if? analyses.
- Ability to create and modify complex quotes for large
- Proficient in Office Software (word processing, spreadsheets,
database & presentation software.)
- Knowledgeable of ERP applications (preferably Oracle).
- Strong presentation, project management and time management
- Must possess computer skills.?
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to grow and maintain external customer account
- Strong working knowledge of understanding and reading
blueprints, as needed Personal Attributes:
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organized
- Relationship Builder
- Accountability and Results Focused Required Experience
EXPERIENCE Minimum experience: 1 + years in sales Required Industry
Experience (Construction, Insulation, Trades, etc.)
Keywords: TopBuild, Wilmington , Sales Consultant Non Commercial - Wilmington, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!