Associate Scientist, Biotech
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
Position Summary The Associate Scientist is accountable for driving
results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical
routine and non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical
product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. The Associate
Scientist may also be required to work on method development/method
validation projects. For this position HPLC and/or GC based
methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other
key methodologies applied include: titrations UV, AA, IR. Test
methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary
(client supplied or developed by The Company). The position
requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs one or more of the following techniques: residual
solvents, assays (potencies, related substances), elemental
impurities, moisture content, identification, and various other wet
chemistry based measurements.
* Evaluates and interprets generated data.
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Understands the theoretical basis of methods/experiments.
* Solves problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Writes test procedures, protocols and reports.
* Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and
scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of
* Safely handles potent compounds
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or
equivalent with 3-5 years of experience or Master s degree with no
work experience required.
* 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, CDMO, or cGMP
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation
* Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
* Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability
* Excellent knowledge of Laboratory equipment and safety
* Expert knowledge of Laboratory Documentation is required.
* Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Up to 5% Travel Required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Associate Scientist, Biotech, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!