Associate Scientist, Biotech
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers, accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of something different.
Position Summary The Associate Scientist is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. The Associate Scientist may also be required to work on method development/method validation projects. For this position HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied include: titrations UV, AA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by The Company). The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs one or more of the following techniques: residual solvents, assays (potencies, related substances), elemental impurities, moisture content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based measurements.
* Evaluates and interprets generated data.
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Understands the theoretical basis of methods/experiments.
* Solves problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Writes test procedures, protocols and reports.
* Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
* Safely handles potent compounds
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience or Master s degree with no work experience required.
* 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, CDMO, or cGMP preferred.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal example.
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first culture.
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time right.
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and regulatory standards.
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for continuous learning.
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more efficient.
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to improve.
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to provide value.
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
* Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills required.
* Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability required.
* Excellent knowledge of Laboratory equipment and safety required.
* Expert knowledge of Laboratory Documentation is required.
* Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment preferred.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
* Up to 5% Travel Required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Associate Scientist, Biotech, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!