Posted on: November 19, 2023
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through
chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of
chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives
for billions of people around the world.
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CHEMISTRY AND THE WORLD
From the frontline to the back office, every Chemours employee is
part of something bigger than themselves as together we work to
create a better world through the power of our chemistry.
Chemours is a $6.3 billion company with a portfolio of products and
processes that enable technologies and products that people use
every day in their lives. From cellular phones to lower emission
vehicles, to 5G communications and clean energy from hydrogen,
we're collaborating with customers to make these innovations more
capable. Simply said, we use our chemistry to change lives, shape
markets, and redefine industries-one improvement at a time.
Chemours is seeking a General Operator to join our IXM team! This
position will report directly to IXM Production Supervision at our
Fayetteville, NC location.
Job Functions for this posting include the following.
1 - IXM Finishing and Inspection 12 hour Day Shift Rotating Shift
2 - IXM WX Operator
3 - IXM Products 12 hour Rotating Shift Operator
4- IXM Polymers Finishing 12 hour Rotating Shift Operator
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Provides safety focus as well as efficient and effective
operation for shift production tasks, Polymer Blending, Polymer
Extruder, Cutter operation, Waste disposal, Finishing and
Inspection, Wet Out, Water Jet Cutting and Packaging of orders
meeting established customer commitments and more.
- Safely operating processes in Extrusion, Lamination, Hydrolysis
Chemical Conversion, Spray Coating, Leak Testing, Blocking and
Unblocking Film, Polymers Extruder, Polymers Dryer, and other
General Manufacturing Processes under the direction of IXM First
Line Supervisors and Qualified Chemours--- Process
- Take required samples; log into LIMS (Lab Information
Management System), retrieve data and post in proper
- Preparation of the IXM Membrane Spray Coating system and Line 4
Extruder for start-up from shut-down or from stand-by condition and
- Shut down of operation to stand-by and de-inventory to
non-hazardous safety status.
- Operation of fork truck and pallet jack.
- Change filters in coating area while wearing Breathing
- Maintain the Paint Prep Area and Polymers finishing as well as
prepare batches of paint per prescribed recipes.
- Safely set up, inspect, cut and package polymer, both dry
membrane, fuel cell films and stored energy film using experience
and accuracy required for customer required quality and on-time
- Knowledge and accurate execution of the pack-out / shipment
- Performing primary or secondary independent verification for
customer order accuracy in a manner that is totally customer
The following is required for this role:
- All applicants must possess a high school diploma or
- Must be willing and able to work a 12 hr rotating shift
including overtime required to meet production needs within
- Must be willing to work both with an integrated team as well as
The following is preferred for this role:
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment including
contractor role within similar operations is preferred.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Experience following Standard Operating Procedures or
- Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective
equipment) such as an acid suit, steel toes, hardhat, protective
eyewear, face shields, arc protective clothing, and SCBA
(self-contained breathing apparatus).
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs,
ladders, columns, and to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl,
reach overhead, hear and respond to alarms, and possess visual
acuity for close work.
- Willing and able to stand or walk (on average) 75% of
Comprehensive Benefits Packages
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Learning and Development Opportunities
Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
Company-paid Volunteer Days
We're a different kind of chemistry company because we see our
people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our
employees do each day, we look at how they do it-by taking a
different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and
culture. Our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves,
at Chemours and in life. And we're proud to be Certified--- by
Great Place to Work - .
Learn more about Chemours and our culture by visiting
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, marital status, family status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Jurisdictions may have additional grounds for non-discrimination,
and we comply with all applicable laws.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa
or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our
business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge
of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours
and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living
Keywords: Chemours, Wilmington , General Operator, Other , Fayetteville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!