PT Hospitality Specialist - Wilson Center
Company: Cape Fear Community College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Wilmington - Downtown Campus, NC
Part Time Staff
DEFINITION:This position works within the Operations department
with direct supervision of the Hospitality Coordinator to
administer exceptional food and beverage operations of the Wilson
Center. The ideal candidate for this position will need to be
flexible in overseeing performer and special event services at a
variety of levels, while having a high level of focus on
efficiency, process refinement and guest careDISTINGUISHING
CHARACTERISTICS:This position is an event and customer service
professional, with a strong background in the food and beverage
industry, committed to the Center's artists, guests, beneficiaries,
and rental clients. This position works within the Operations
department with overall supervision and guidance of the Hospitality
Coordinator. Due to the operating hours and variety of tasks
involved in this position, it is critical that this position works
with a great deal of independence and sound judgment. SUPERVISION
RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives general direction and supervision from the Hospitality
- Exercises general direction and supervision over volunteer
- Works closely with CFCC Custodial to coordinate event cleaning
- Works closely with all internal Wilson Center departments to
administer exceptional events.
Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:Essential and other
important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Oversee Artist Services which includes: arranging and procuring
meals for touring personnel, arranging and procuring food and
beverage needs for touring personnel, preparing all backstage areas
for touring personnel, advance and discuss specific needs with Tour
- Be point of contact (prior to and day-of) for all hospitality
needs for touring personnel
- Coordinate transportation needs with touring personnel
- Oversee Artist Services Volunteers
- Assist in setup and coordination of special events to include
banquets, VIP receptions, opera box service, galas and any event
that exceeds the normal operating procedure of the Wilson
- Address client and guest complaints when appropriate; inform
the Guest Experience Coordinator of all complaints.
- Be vigilant and proactive in anticipating and meeting client
and guest needs during an event.
- Educate, enforce, update, and lead by example for Volunteer
Corps concerning guidelines, guest services and safety.
- Ensure ADA compliance for special guests and touring
- Maintain a clean driving record in order to operate all
vehicles, including 15 passenger vans.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and efficient work environment
within all of the food and beverage areas of the center and
personal vehicle as well as all rentals or loaner vehicles.
- Understand and enforce Cape Fear Community College's alcohol
policy in strict accordance to NC ABC laws.
- Assistant with concessions operations to include; stocking,
volunteer management and cash reconciliation. Other Important
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
- ABC Commission requirements, technology, and equipment
- Current trends, research, and development in the area of
- Industry specific requirements, technology and equipment
- North Carolina traffic laws and driving rules.Ability to:
- Interpret and apply CFCC goals, objectives, policies,
procedures, rules, and regulations
- Lift up to 50 or more pounds.
- Embody and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills,
even in stressful and/or demanding situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work including artists, agents,
rental clients, donors, high profile clients and guests, students,
college faculty and staff, and the general public.
- Assist in training and supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Create and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Perform mathematic computations.
- Work weekends and/or evening hours as required.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception
- making observations
- communicating with others
- reading and writing
- examining incoming equipment, materials and supplies
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of
assigned duties and responsibilities, which include the
- Walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment
- Lifting, stooping, climbing, bending and carrying materials, or
lifting up to 50 pounds
- Maintain mental capacity, which allows the capability of:
- Making sound decisions
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Responding to questions
- Demonstrating intellectual capabilities
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINESAny combination of experience and
training that would likely provide the required knowledge and
abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and
abilities would be: Minimum Education/Training:
- High School Diploma or EquivalentMinimum Experience:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- One (1) year experience in a restaurant or catering
- Clean driving record. No traffic moving violations Preferred
Education/Training, Experience, Skills:
- Performing arts venue experience is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred but not required
- ServSafe, RASP, TIPS, CPR/First Aid preferred but not
requiredSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Work hours will vary depending on events schedule, with a
maximum of 25 hours per week.
Keywords: Cape Fear Community College, Wilmington , PT Hospitality Specialist - Wilson Center, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!