Posted on: January 27, 2023
Utility WorkerCape Fear Transit Management -- -Wilmington, NC
28401Apply Now! -Wave Transit is immediately looking for Utility
Workers to clean, fuel, and check fluid levels for the diesel buses
under direct supervision. - -Why work for Wave:
- $10.99 while you get your CDL!
- $15.75 after you've obtained your CDL!
- 401(k) with match!
- Dental insurance!
- Health insurance!
- Life insurance!
- Paid time off!
- Vision insurance! -
- Washes exterior of vehicles using power washer and brushes;
sweeps and removes trash from vehicles.
- Drives, maneuvers, and parks vehicles.
- Fuels buses, replenishes fluids, and logs and records all
- Downloads drive cameras; probes fare boxes.
- Performs light maintenance to shop areas, fueling stations, and
- Reports any maintenance issues to Supervisor.
- Other duties as required. -
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
- 1-2 years of janitorial or auto detailing experience
- Must possess a valid state driver's license with a minimum of
one year of driving experience and a good driving record.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain a Commercial Drivers
License with a Passenger endorsement and airbrakes within 30 days
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data
Sheets and all other safety training materials provided.
- Ability to learn shop processes including fueling vehicles and
- Ability to mix and use a variety of cleaning products.
- Ability to use a variety of equipment such as buffers,
scrubbing machines, and other heavy cleaning equipment.
- Strong attention to details.
- Travel requirement (as a percent):
- Must -submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a
criminal background checkPhysical Demands: - -The physical demands
described here are representatives of those that must be met by the
employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable
individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air
condiitoned or well ventilated facilities
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you have access to safety
protective gear. -The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. -The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
-Wave Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. - Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. -
Keywords: Transdev, Wilmington , Utility Worker, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!