Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
A Scientist is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced
environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine
testing in support of pharmaceutical product development or
pharmaceutical manufacturing. A Scientist will routinely lead
method development/method validation projects. HPLC, dissolution
and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the
described testing. Other key methodologies applied include:
titrations UV, AA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial
(i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by The
Company). The position requires superior leadership behaviors of
the Alcami core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as
expertise in functional competencies included in this position
- Combination of basic and advanced skills in multiple
techniques: residual solvents, assays (potencies, related
substances), dissolution elemental impurities, moisture content,
identification, and various other wet chemistry based
- Writes methods, test procedures, protocols and reports.
- Achieves results by solving problems of a diverse scope.
- Evaluates and interprets generated data.
- Analyzes information for technical correctness and
- Understands the theoretical basis of methods/experiments.
- Leads investigations and root cause analysis.
- Drives initiatives outside of standard work function.
- Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and
scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Assists in removal of hazardous waste, routine equipment
cleaning and restocking of consumable products and reagents.
- Effectively uses various laboratory software packages
(Empower3, ProCal, Master Control, ELN, etc.)
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of
- Safely handles potent compounds.
- This position will be required to supervise, handle, or process
hazardous waste under Resource and Conservation guidelines
promulgated under 40 CFR 262.177(a)(7), Personnel Training. This
includes completion of initial and annual RCRA training and
documented as required in Alcami records. This training also
includes familiarity with emergency response procedures, emergency
equipment, and emergency systems.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all
other relevant company training requirements.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related experience required or
Master's degree with 6 years of related experience required.
- Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through
- Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
- Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
- Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
- Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
- Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop
self and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
- Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
- Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
- Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
- Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation
- Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability
- Excellent knowledge of Laboratory equipment and safety
- Expert knowledge of Laboratory Documentation is required.
- Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Decision Making And Supervision Required
- Applies job skills and company policies and SOPs to complete a
broad range of difficult tasks.
- Receives minimal instruction on day-to-day work, general
instructions on new assignments.
- Up to 5% travel required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms; talk or hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required
to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic
chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee will be
required to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment for
specific job duties to be performed. Such personal protective
equipment may include, but not limited to: safety eyewear, various
types of respirators/breathing apparatus, half face and full face
respirator, lab coats, full protective body coverings, various
types of gloves, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
- Bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
- Voluntary benefits including short & long-term disability,
life, accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are c ommitted to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or
mental disability, past or present military service, marital
status, gender identification or expression, medical condition
(including genetic characteristics) or any other protected
characteristic as established by law.
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Scientist, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!