Saw Filer - Conway
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Posting ID: 21747
Position Type: Regular/Full-Time
City: Conway, SC, United States
Location: Conway Plant (SC01)
Who We Are:
Canfor - a leading integrated forest products company and one of
the world's largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper
- is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western
Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of
our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
The Opportunity:Saw filers are responsible for the safe maintenance
and repair of all saw filing equipment. You will apply your skills
to maximize uptime, quality and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Responsibilities of the Saw
Filer include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows all safety guidelines, policies and procedures as written
for this job daily
- Benches, flatten and weld saws daily
- Operate band saw leveler daily
- Grinds saws and keeps saw inventory up daily
- Be able to change knives and saws daily by following this
procedure: Stop machine and lock it out. Open hood with air wrench
and drop strain on saw. Two men are needed to remove saw, one on
each side. The saw is carried by crane or by hand to filing room
and new saw is retrieved. The process is then reversed.
- Change gang saws and guides, sharp chain bandmills at the end
of each shift
- Change Headsaw and resaw bandmills when needed
- Change Edger and Trimmer saws
- Align guides on Sharp Chain, Edger, Resaw, Gang, and Head Saw
- Grind band saw wheels every six months or as needed
- Fix and repair Cut-off saws for bucking line as needed
- Order all parts for filing room as needed
- Examines saw for defects. Cuts broken teeth from saw
- Forms teeth on saw blade by beveling joints on grinder and
welding or brazing them together
- Brazes or welds cracks in saw blades
- Straightens twists and kinks in blades and hammers out dents in
blade on metal table
- Adjusts cutting width of teeth. Computes number and angle of
teeth to produce specified cut
- Clamps blades in saw filing machine and turns hand wheel to
adjust distance between teeth, angle of bevel, and depth of cut of
file is abrasive.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Saw Filer or Benchman
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required.
To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the
ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive
compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the
professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the
stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while
working for a recognized industry leader.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news,
career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Conway, South Carolina
Conway is one of the oldest towns in South Carolina and has
numerous buildings and structures that are on the National Register
of Historic Places. Conway is a great place for people who love the
outdoors. This city offers many bike trails, paddle trails, and
parks that are suitable for everyone's taste! For more information,
Keywords: Canfor, Wilmington , Saw Filer - Conway, Other , Conway, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!