Company: GE Aviation Systems LLC
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job Description Summary Job DescriptionRoles and
- Setup and inspect parts and assemblies.
- Utilize all types of standard gages, instruments, special gages
and equipment specified in inspection instructions.
- Work to required written inspection instructions, drawings and
- Assist in training other personnel in a team oriented
- Responsible for performing mechanical and visual inspection
- Set up and use electronic gaging equipment including all
conventional and unconventional mechanical inspection devices
(example: wax and trace, rotary tables, surface finish measuring
- Required to setup and perform surface plate inspections as
detailed in inspection instructions.
- Required to make setups for repetitive measuring operations,
and train other inspectors.
- Required to work to Engineering drawings, sketches, inspection
planning and other inspection and testing standards and
specifications. This may include some in-machine inspections.
- Responsible for documenting findings, making reports and
providing feedback as required.
- Must actively participate in a team based environment which
includes, but not limited to the following: Active participation in
daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well
with others, practices direct professional communication with team
members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers
opinions different from their own.
- Required to obtain and maintain Inspector B Certification.
- Training is provided for this certification.
- May be required to complete part marking, wash, and dry lube
- Responsible for keeping facilities, material and work area
orderly, exercising care in their use, maintaining good
housekeeping practices and conforming to all safety and quality
standards.Forklifts, cranes and material handling equipment are
expected to be used instead of manual lifting and carrying.
- Employee may be required to lift or carry objects weighing up
to 50# following proper ergonomic
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years manufacturing experience in set-up
and operations of any 2 of the following computer numerically
controlled (CNC) machining processes: drilling, milling, grinding,
turning, or broaching or 2 year degree from an accredited machinist
- Must have one year of experience reading and interpreting
mechanical blueprints and/or production planning.
- Must have at least 2 years using precision measuring
- Must be able to push, pull or lift parts up to 50 lbs.
utilizing proper ergonomic procedures.Desired Characteristics
- Prior Aircraft Engines machining experience
- Must be able to use computers and learn Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and
communicate effectively in the English language.
- Experience working in a high-performing team-based environment.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment,
professional development, challenging careers, and competitive
compensation. GE is an - Employment decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the
United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
applicable). As a federal government contractor, GE may in the
future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. -Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates
that may apply to GE employees. Relocation Assistance Provided:
Keywords: GE Aviation Systems LLC, Wilmington , Wilmington Inspector-B, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!