Maintenance/Resident Services Technician I - Hawthorne
Hawthorne is home to a team of vibrant apartment professionals
united by a mission - to LIVE IT! every day for our guests and our
The LIVE IT! movement is powered by people who believe in
leaving others better than we found them. We take action to create
memorable experiences. We stay nimble to evolve with an
everchanging environment. And, we value integrity as essential.
As an apartment professional in the Resident Services Technician
role, you are key to ensuring our community members have a
well-maintained home. Servicing our community involves a few key
functions, but not limited to:
* Inspect exterior of the property and remove all trash and
* Remove pet waste daily.
* Clean around dumpsters.
* Sweep/blow breezeways and sidewalks.
* Clean gutters on one story buildings.
* Clean areas around mailroom, pool area, fitness area and
equipment, laundry room, clubhouse and other common areas to
include: trash removal, replace trash bags, vacuum, sweep and mop,
clean window and door glass, clean coffee machines, replace paper
* Water any areas that are not irrigated, while observing all
irrigated areas and reporting any issues (i.e. broken irrigation
heads, weeds, etc.).
* Pressure wash buildings, walkways and other areas needed.
* Conduct light check around community and replace breezeway
light bulbs as needed.
* Replace air conditioner filters in units.
* Replace smoke detector batteries in units.
* Shovel snow from walkways and parking lots and spread
salt/sand in those areas.
* Distribute flyers, communications and letters to resident's
* Light painting of curbs, sign posts and other areas
* Assisting office and Resident Services team with various
* Coordinate with Supervisor on all vacant units and ensuring
these units are "trashed-out" within 24 hours of move-out and
thermostat is set at the designated temperature for a vacant
* Follow safety guidelines in accordance with company policy and
* Coordinate grounds keeping objectives with the Supervisor
* Perform, and report all work according to the safety standards
of the company, OSHA and health codes. Perform work area clean-up
on a weekly basis.
* Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and
company staff through great "people" attitude and resident trust.
Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards prospects,
residents, vendors and other employees. Maintain professionalism at
all times. Attendance is encouraged at all resident events.
* Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized
by the Community Manager or Resident Services Supervisor.
* Pass initial and required Vision courses by deadlines.
* Constantly observe conditions of apartment property within the
community, report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe
* Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs and sewer cleanouts.
* Ensure that storage area always remains locked when not in
* Complete basic work orders
* Assist Resident Service team with apartment make-ready tasks
including lock changes and fixture replacements.
* Assist Resident Service team with pool maintenance.
As our partner, you will benefit from programs designed to
fulfill your life goals, personally and professionally:
* Career progression program
* Retirement planning
* Comprehensive healthcare plans - medical, vision, and
* Maternity and paternity leave options
* Paid holidays, birthday, and volunteer leave
* Associate discount program
* Health and wellness incentives
Making Hawthorne your home means joining a workplace dedicated
to creating a space for you to contribute to the company's success
while we contribute to you and your family's wellbeing.
Hawthorne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.