Sr Ops Training Instructor
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: June 11, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Demonstrates mastery of skills and extensive subject matter
knowledge in carrying out assignments associated with the analysis,
design, development, implementation, evaluation, and proposed
modification of plant specific nuclear licensed Operations training
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Drives station and personnel performance improvement through the
use of training. Coordinates, and conducts performance-based
licensed or non-licensed training programs as required by user
community in accordance with Exelon's TSD model, department
procedures, and with proper application of the analysis, design,
development, implementation, and evaluation phases.
- Assures the training programs are maintained current and
incorporate information gained from INPO Significant Operating
Experience Reports and Exelon NERs, NRC Circulars, Bulletins, and
Information Notices, plant design change and backfit information,
plant procedure changes and revisions, new regulations, and
training effectiveness reports.
- Prepares trainee examination and conducts trainee evaluations for
classroom, laboratory, OJT, and simulator environments, as
appropriate and conducts counseling sessions for trainees,
evaluates the results, and recommends/develops individualized
- Support station and fleet in the areas of business initiatives,
project management, refuel outage support, EP duties, and special
- Participates in NRC, INPO and management audits, and prepares
responses to audit findings.
- Maintains knowledge of plant operations, disciplinary skills and
techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop and
conduct effective, high quality training.
- Supervises the collection and maintenance of auditable training
records and reports required to document training program
- Associates degree in science/engineering or education/training
with previous or current senior reactor operator license AND 8+
years of related industry experience
- Previous RO with an SRO certification WITH 10+ years of related
industry experience AND one successful training cycle completed
- An SRO Certification WITH 10+ years of related industry
experience AND 12 months of proven teaching in LORT or ILT.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors degree in science/engineering or education/training
- Knowledge of and experience with the systematic approach to
- 15+ years of commercial nuclear power plant training
- 5+years of technical background
Responsible for course/program activities related to assigned
subject matter area. Provides direction to trainees, subject matter
experts, support personnel and vendors/contractors. Provides
project leadership as assigned. Provides functional supervi
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Wilmington , Sr Ops Training Instructor, Other , Southport, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!