Company: SGS North America Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and
certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark
for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS
operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around
Our Wilmington office is looking for two extractions technicians to
join their team! This is an exciting opportunity for entry-level
chemists. The Laboratory Technician, Extractionsextracts organic
compounds of interest from a matrix in preparation for analysis by
High Resolution GC/MS. This position must adhere to policies and
procedures laid out in the SOP's and Quality Manual. Safety is a
must at all times as well as following all laboratory safety
policies and procedures. The Laboratory Technician, Extractions
must have good communication skills and be able to work as a member
of a team in order to achieve production goals. This position
reports into the Laboratory Supervisor, Extractions.
The Laboratory Technician, Extractions:
- Performs organic solvent-based extraction techniques based on
EPA methodologies and SGS SOP (ex: Soxhlet, CLLE, Microsteam
Distillation, Sonication, Fractionation).
- Correctly follows and documents sample custody acceptance and
- Documents, prepares, labels, and distributes media according to
SGS SOP for the purpose of extracting organic compounds of
- Keeps supply inventory, discards expired supplies and media,
notifies supervisor when additional supply must be ordered.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory and equipment as directed.
- Performs other tasks to support laboratory operations as
- BS/BA in a science related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Must be able to follow written instruction.
- Self-starter, reliable and has the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances, and
shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure
quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all
company policies and procedures while also completing work timely
and in accordance with performance expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet
and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moving about on foot to accomplish task for sustained periods
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
object horizontally from position to position.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or
fingers in a repetitive manner.
- No special vision requirements.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily
activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, and works
with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor
office/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- Air contamination (i.e., dust, fume, smoke, toxic conditions,
- Toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and
printers, light traffic)
- Regular work schedule.
- Minimal travel.
Keywords: SGS North America Inc., Wilmington , Extractions Technician, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!