Nursing Assistant for Float Pool (PRN) - McLeod Seacoast (20210897)
Company: McLeod Health
Location: Little River
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer
relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in
accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core
- Must be flexible, punctual, and willing to learn in the
emergency department environment.
- Directs visitors, answers telephone, relays messages, runs
errands as necessary for unit to run smoothly.
- Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs clerical duties in admitting, transferring and
discharging. Transcribes physicians orders appropriately
- Is proficient in the use and maintenance of equipment and
supplies on the assigned unit such as computer, call light system,
telephone, copier, and fax machine.
- Demonstrates ability to answer physician's pages and relay the
messages promptly; also the ability to screen calls tactfully.
- Demonstrates proficiency in ordering office/lab supplies and
having adequate supplies on hand.
- Assists nurses in obtaining data for assessment as well as
assisting the nurse to provide care.
- Acts as a liaison between nurse, patient, patient's family,
physicians and others as indicated. Promotes patient satisfaction.
Informs charge nurse of unit activity, personnel concerns.
- Demonstrates knowledge reference to patient safety, security
procedures, Haz/Mat response, life safety, utility systems and
operation of equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control to include PPE,
cleaning of patient areas and equipment.
- Follows policies and procedures of the hospital; demonstrates
knowledge of HIPPA; practices patient confidentiality and uses
complete discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of ED equipment including,
but not limited to: obtaining vital signs, placing patient on
bedside monitors, obtaining EKGs, assisting with splint
application, lab/specimen collections; and recognizes abnormalities
which require immediate notification of an RN/MD.
- Transports patients to other departments via stretcher or
wheelchair, completing handoff communication.
- Supports the operation of the department by performing tasks
associated with general unit organization and orderliness.
- Is accountable for cost effective quality patient care and
assists other personnel in containing cost.
- Contributes to and assists unit personnel in Performance
- Functions effectively in a wide range of crisis situations and
in an atmosphere of stress and tension; handles personal and
professional frustrations appropriately.
- Demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude and
responds with empathy and positive interpersonal skills.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development
and continuing education. Willingly participates in continuing
education programs when requested.
- Demonstrates an alert, sensitive and supportive attitude;
Always responds to coworkers in a helpful manner, is pleasant and
- Demonstrates a time conscious awareness and consistently
strives to use time effectively. Demonstrates an ability to set
appropriate priorities and is prompt in completing assigned
- Adheres to the hospital's absence and tardiness policy; is
punctual; provides proper notification/advance notice for absences;
is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or
special assignments when requested.
- Performs other duties within scope of practice as
PRN as needed
- Must be familiar with medical terminology, and practices and
must be able to record information accurately
- Completion of a nursing assistant course or two plus years of
on-the-job training in a hospital setting is required.
- Prior patient care experience preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
or successful completion of WIN Testing or completion of McLeod
approved Transition to Work Program.
- BLS certification required
Keywords: McLeod Health, Wilmington , Nursing Assistant for Float Pool (PRN) - McLeod Seacoast (20210897), Other , Little River, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!