Hospice Medical Social Worker
Company: Amedisys Home Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What You Will Do
Assist and counsel hospice patients and families with health
related financial, social and emotional concerns
according to the physician's orders.
- Provides social work services, under medical supervision, in
accordance with the patient's Plan of Care.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the care
- Assists the physician and other members of the hospice team to
understand the significance of social and emotional factors related
to terminally ill patients care.
- Assesses and reassesses social and emotional factors in order
to help the patient and family to cope with problems of end-of-life
care and to help them follow hospice team recommendations to
maximize the patient's quality of life.
- Counsels patients and families concerning financial concerns,
life review, positive family relationships and quality of life, and
care giving issues.
- Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to
assist in maintaining independence and quality of life.
- Assists with the development of the Plan of Care with the
Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), patient and family to deal with
personal, financial and environmental difficulties that may
interfere with quality
- of life at the end of life.
- Participates in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care
progress records according to the Plan of Care with accuracy,
timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate
- per agency policy.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Supervises staff assigned to the team and conducts performance
evaluations of each.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Participates in the care center's quality improvement
- Provides in-service to other hospice agency personnel or
external customers at least annually, when requested.
- Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of
social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy,
marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability,
military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or
carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Home Health Services, Wilmington , Hospice Medical Social Worker, Other , Bolivia, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!