Diesel/Industrial Vehicle Mechanic - Port of Wilmington
Company: Terminal Investment Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Are you someone who enjoys turning wrenches and is always up for
a challenge? Want to work for a company where people appreciate
what you do? Come give TICO a try. We are family-oriented and offer
Pay is commensurate on your experience. At a minimum, applicants
should have basic experience/knowledge regarding general vehicle
maintenance. Diesel and heavy truck experience is a plus and
on-the-job training is available for those who show interest in
learning more. Even if you have limited experience in some of the
areas listed below it is worth a conversation on how we can move
Some of the different types of equipment worked on includes jockey
trucks, over-the-road trucks, trailers, forklifts, and automobiles.
So, there is sure to be something you would enjoy working on!
• Pass a background check and drug screen.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Be able to obtain a TWIC card.
TICO is an equipment logistics solutions company that has been in
business since 1946. While based out of Savannah, TICO has
locations throughout the coastal and interior United States. Our
Port business is expanding and we are looking for Mechanics of all
skill levels for our Port of Wilmington, NC location. We are
grateful to be Transportation Essential Workers while continuing to
grow our organization during these unique times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities can include ANY or all the
following. These and other duties may be assigned plus training
• Read job orders, technical service bulletins, and benchmarked
standards given by the manufacturer and observe and listen to truck
in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures
using charts, technical manuals, and experience. Importance must be
placed on troubleshooting the problem with accuracy to avoid
• Computer knowledge is a plus.
• Perform complete routine, diagnostic and post-repair inspections
• Perform regular servicing and maintenance of equipment,
maintaining related service records.
• Knowledge of air brakes plus the ability to inspect, adjust, and
repair the brake systems, as necessary.
• Examine specified safety devices/components on all vehicles and
adjust or replace as needed.
• Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment, as
• Align wheels and change tires as needed.
• Diagnose, repair, and tune diesel engines.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, vehicle computer
systems, and hydraulic systems.
• Repair/Replace tractor component parts when and where necessary
such as headlights, heaters, windshield wiper motors, belts, seats,
windows, airlines, brake chambers, air valves, etc.
• Comply with all established industry safety norms and other
quality measures while conducting work processes.
• Perform test drive to ensure equipment is functioning
• Document work hours, parts utilized, and work performed.
• Comply with company/agency safety regulations and maintain a
clean and orderly work area.
• Wear required personal protection equipment during the
performance of job duties.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and
their families which include health, dental, vision, disability,
life insurance, 401K, vacation, and paid holidays.
TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
To learn more about TICO, visit our website at www.ticotractors.com
Join us today!Salary: . Date posted: 02/16/2021
Keywords: Terminal Investment Corporation, Wilmington , Diesel/Industrial Vehicle Mechanic - Port of Wilmington, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!