Requisition ID: 2211
Job Title: Account Consultant, Interventional Pain
Job Country: United States (US)
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for groundbreaking solutions in everything we
Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble culture of innovation;
Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that strives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
in the future.
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering
clinically superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients
get back to the things that matter. We are committed to creating
the next generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will
address our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the
use of opioids while helping patients move from surgery to
recovery. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop,
manufacture and market recognized brands in more than 90 countries.
Avanos Medical is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the
ticker symbol AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
Title: Account Consultant, Interventional Pain
Region: Coastal Carolina to include Wilmington and Greenville,
Ideal Candidate Location: Field Based/Remote near Wilmington or
The Account Consultant is responsible for the positioning and
selling of specific products and product solutions within assigned
facilities/departments. This includes the technical (features,
functions, benefits) sales aspects, and the conceptual sales
aspects, and validation of the product cost/value proposition for
Avanos Medical and competitive products. Pain Management Devices
include nerve ablation needles, radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy)
products, procedural needles and trays, and other products
providing solutions in the area of treatment for pain. The Account
Consultant will work with Hospitals, Surgical Hospitals, Clinics,
Surgeons, Neurologists, Radiologists, and Nurses in a geographic
The ideal candidate for the Medical Device Account Consultant
will utilize personal skills and product knowledge to build and
maintain relationships with key facility staff in assigned markets.
Building relationships and satisfying customers will result in
profit and net sales growth and achievement of product and category
objectives within assigned accounts and markets. The Account
Consultant position may lead to either a career in sales management
or a higher level individual sales contributor position after
demonstrating the appropriate skills and qualifications.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key surgeons,
therapists, nurses, physicians, clinicians, department decision
makers and/or administrators (multiple decision makers and
influencers) within assigned accounts or markets.
• Developing and maintaining expertise across a range of
products and product platforms
• Effectively dealing with geographic dispersal of assigned
• Contract and price negotiations and contract management.
• Effective utilization of resources necessary to meet
• Tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve
• Actively participating with Regional Manager in the strategic
and tactical planning process
• Sales positioning, analysis, and in-service implementation of
product categories (to include creating business value selling
• Tactical implementation of the business and selling activities
required to meet objectives
• Bachelors degree is required.
• Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success in medical device
• Minimum of 7 years working with PC based applications
(Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Tactfully Aggressive
• Comfortable in Hospital Setting
• Travel by car required
• 5 years of Medical Device Sales Experience Preferred
• Proof of a successful track record
• Prefer candidate to be in the Top 10% of Sales Force
• Hospital sales experience preferred
• Spine implant sales experience preferred
• Operating room / surgery sales experience preferred
• Capital equipment sales experience preferred
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you are a current employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees – through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary – our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
401(k) + 6% match | immediate vesting | benefits on day 1 |
uncapped sales commissions