Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Buyer I is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced
environment by purchasing and negotiating primarily
non-manufacturing routine materials, equipment and supplies from
vendors. The Buyer I evaluates vendor quotes and services to
determine the most desirable suppliers. The position requires
superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and
non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies
included in this position profile.
* Examines select and process approved requisitions in the ERP
* Processes phone, fax or web based orders.
* Confirms payment terms with supplier and processes any special
terms such as prepayment and wire transfers as needed.
* Updates ERP purchase order with supplier confirmations and
notifies end users of any delays or errors in the information.
* Scans in supplier confirmations and attaches to associated
purchase order documents in the ERP system.
* Prioritizes the work load and allocates time as efficiently as
possible to fulfill the requests of multiple departments at
* Communicates to suppliers clearly and concisely all expectations
of the purchased goods, including part numbers, pricing, delivery
times and payment terms.
* Completes credit application from new suppliers when
* Communicates potential or current order problems with end users
and offers possible resolutions.
* Works with Buyer II and Senior Buyer to process the data input of
inventory materials to the ERP system.
* Informs Purchasing Manager of problems or issues as they
* Performs credit card reconciliation.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Associate s Degree with 0 2+ years of related experience
* High School diploma with 4+ years of related experience.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* General knowledge of accounting, inventory and production
* Ability to research and solve order/delivery issues.
* Excellent data entry skills, attention to detail and ability to
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with
organizational skills required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
* Knowledge in web based procurement preferred.
* Up to 5% travel required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Buyer I, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!