Assistant Scientist II - Tu-Sa 11am-8pm
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Assistant Scientist I is accountable for driving results in a
fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and
non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical product
development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. The Assistant
Scientist I may also assist with method development/method
validation projects. Typical types of testing: assays (potencies,
related substances, residual solvents, metals etc.), rate of
release (dissolution), moisture content, identification, and
various other wet chemistry based measurements. HPLC and/or GC
based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing.
Other key methodologies applied include: titrations UV, AA, IR.
Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or
proprietary (client supplied or developed by The Company). The
position requires superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core
competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Performs laboratory work related to analytical testing and method
development in support of contract pharmaceuticals.
* Evaluates and interprets generated data.
* Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
* Understands the theoretical basis of the methods/experiments.
* Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Writes standard operating procedures (SOPs), test procedures,
specifications and summary reports.
* Maintains working knowledge of instrumentation, equipment, and
scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
* Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or
* Prior laboratory experience or work experience in Pharmaceutical,
CDMO, or cGMP preferred.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation
* Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills
* Excellent problem-solving and basic trouble-shooting ability
* Awareness or prior work experience in a GMP environment
* Up to 5% domestic Travel.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Assistant Scientist II - Tu-Sa 11am-8pm, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!