Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Associate Scientist - Bioassay is accountable for driving
results in a fast-paced environment with a focus on developing,
validating and executing biological assays for biopharmaceutical
products. A Associate Scientist-Bioassay will demonstrate
proficiency in cell-based potency assays, ELISA, real-time PCR,
enzymatic activity assays, binding kinetic assays and other
biochemical testing methods. Problem-solving and troubleshooting
skills along with proficiency in analyzing data, laboratory
documentation, data presentation and collaboration are also
desired. The position requires leadership behaviors of the Alcami
core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as experience in
functional competencies included in this position profile.
* Supports troubleshooting and problem solving activities for
cell-based and biochemical tests.
* Contributes to operational initiatives to support continued
growth of the organization.
* Assists in Development and validation of biological tests to
determine purity, identity and potency of pharmaceutical and
* Performs laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical and
biopharmaceutical products utilizing analytical instrumentation,
analyzes and documents data in accordance with Alcami SOPs.
* Documents results in electronic laboratory notebook.
* Writes test procedures, specifications and summary reports.
* Interacts with team members, management and clients to discuss
data and project progress.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Master s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent
with 3+ years of relevant experience required.
* 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical, CDMO, or cGMP highly
* Demonstrated experience in developing analytical programs for one
or more of the following products: peptides, monoclonal
antibodies/recombinant proteins, cell therapy and gene therapy.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Working knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry is
* Working knowledge of peptides, monoclonal antibodies, recombinant
proteins, cell therapy and gene therapy is required.
* Working knowledge of Cell-based Bioassays required.
* Working knowledge of Real-time PCR required.
* Working knowledge of ELISA/immunoassays required.
* Working knowledge of Enzymatic Activity Assays preferred.
* Working knowledge of Laboratory Documentation is preferred.
* Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated
environment is required.
* Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills
* Excellent time management and organization skills required.
* Excellent knowledge of Laboratory equipment and safety
* Good problem solving and trouble shooting ability required.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Up to 5% Travel Required.
What We Offer You:
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Associate Scientist-Bioassay, Other , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!