Technical Evaluations and Proposals Specialist - Oral Solid Dose Manufacturing
Company: Alcami Corporation
Posted on: July 5, 2019
Think Different. Do Different. Be Different.
Alcami is a world-class contract development and manufacturing
organization (CDMO). We are a team of dynamic individuals committed
to developing life-saving drugs around the world. A mindset of
innovation, accountability and customer focus inspires us to be the
most efficient, safe and reliable choice for our customers and the
patients they serve. In return, we offer challenging careers,
accelerated professional growth and the opportunity to be part of
The Technical Evaluations Specialist II for Oral Solid Dose
Manufacturing drives results in a fast-paced environment by
assessing requests for proposals (RFPs) received from our Sales and
Business Development team or customers. The Technical Evaluations
Specialist II demonstrates technical and scientific expertise for
oral solid dose drug product manufacturing to develop proposals,
including associated costs. The Technical Evaluations Specialist II
collaborates with Sales and Business Development, Project
Management, Operations and with more senior Technical Evaluations
Specialist to provide technical guidance to customers. This
includes direct customer interface. The Technical Evaluations
Specialist II demonstrates a high level of independence, expertise
in all functional and technical competencies of the role and
superior leadership behaviors of the Alcami core competencies and
non-negotiables. Prior pharmaceutical manufacturing experience is a
must. Prior sterile manufacturing experience is a plus.
* Performs technical evaluations of incoming RFPs and existing
program extensions across Alcami capabilities for Drug Product
Manufacturing , including proposed scope of work, costing, and
budgets with limited guidance from more senior level Technical
Evaluations Specialist and Management.
* Compilates technical evaluation into appropriate templates and
* Assesses with Operations and recommends Alcami capabilities to
meet customer requirements as part of technical evaluations.
* Represents technical operations in front of customer in support
of project acquisition with Sales & Business Development and
* Attends customer site visits and presentations for new
* Performs data entry into the applicable CRM system.
* Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule per supervisor
* Adheres to all company SOPs and policies.
* Trains entry level and less experienced Technical Training
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
* Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other
relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in a scientific field (Chemistry,
Micro-Biology, Biotech) with 4+ years of industry experience.
* Master s degree of doctorate degree in scientific field
(Chemistry, Micro-Biology, Biotech) with 2+ years of industry
* CDMO experience preferred.
* Prior pharmaceutical manufacturing experience is a must.
* This position may be filled at a senior level dependent upon
experience and qualifications.
* Consistently demonstrates honesty and integrity through personal
* Follows all safety policies and leads by example a safety first
* Produces high quality work product with a focus on first time
* Complies with the company code of conduct and policies and
Alcami Core Leadership Competencies
* Thinks strategically. Quickly identifies and acts on
opportunities. Considers the downstream impact. Seeks to understand
the why. Focuses on work that matters.
* Develops organization and others. Takes ownership to develop self
and others. Seeks out new opportunities and experiences for
* Acts decisively. Makes and acts on decisions quickly. Makes
decisions with the customer and their patients in mind. Meets
commitments with a sense of urgency. Seeks ways to be more
* Drives performance. Holds self and others accountable. Delivers
results first time right. Never settles for status quo. Willing to
have tough conversations. Asks for feedback and takes action to
* Passion for customers. Listens to understand. Asks the right
questions. Gets to the heart of the matter and uses that insight to
* Works collaboratively. Seeks out the experience of others with
the aim for better results. Open minded regardless where ideas
originate. Flexible and easy to work with.
* Knowledge of FDA regulations/ICH guidelines.
* Knowledge of U.S. Drug Development process regulatory
requirements for Pharmaceutical industry.
* Knowledge of activity costing, margins, and budgets.
* Knowledge of scientific terminology and drug product
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and
* Excellent customer service orientation.
* Excellent organizational skills, detail orientation and ability
to effectively manage competing priorities.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word
* Ability to gain proficiency working with a CRM. Prior CRM
experience such as Salesforce.com preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to understand the interdependencies of
process chemistry, analytical development and manufacturing
necessary to support specific assigned area(s).
* Up to 5% travel required.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
* Competitive salary with career advancement opportunities
* Profit sharing bonus plan
* Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
* 401(k) with company match
* Company paid vacation, holiday and sick-leave
* Voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life,
accident, critical illness insurances
Diversity and Inclusion:
Alcami values diversity and we are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
past or present military service, marital status, gender
identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic
characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as
established by law.
* Back Share
Keywords: Alcami Corporation, Wilmington , Technical Evaluations and Proposals Specialist - Oral Solid Dose Manufacturing, IT / Software / Systems , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!