AP/Payroll Accountant II - Treasury Operations
Company: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 17, 2020
AP/Payroll Accountant II - Treasury OperationsSend This Job to a
FriendDepartmentTreasury OperationsSchedulefull-timeShiftSTD HRSJob
DetailsThis position has access to and knowledge of extremely
sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain
the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.All the
primary duties within this document will be performed according to
established policies, procedures and guidelines within the
department and the Medical Center.JOB SUMMARY:Reports to Manager of
AP/Payroll. Responsible for preparation of Quarterly payroll tax
filings, semi-annual sales tax refund filings and annual escheats
filings. Preparation of general ledger account reconciliations.
Works closely with Payroll Manager for process evaluation and
improvement. Assists with preparation of bi-weekly payroll
processing as needed. Controls and oversees the payroll process.
Reviews and balances the Kronos upload, and other documents for
input into the payroll system, balances totals, processes payroll,
remits ACH files, prints and distributes payroll checks and
vouchers. Reconciles, files and pays various payroll deduction
remittances. Reviews questionable pay practices and entries. Works
closely with AP/Payroll Manager for process evaluation and
improvement. Works with other departments to help resolve payroll
related questions. Performs monthly closeout procedures including
accrual preparation and monthly account reconciliations. Assists
with preparation annual 1099 tax filings. Assists with the
processing of vendor invoices for payment, as well as employee
business expense reimbursements and patient refunds as assigned.
Works with purchasing and materials management personnel to resolve
discrepancies and other issues resulting from a 3-way match invoice
processing system. Processes all vendor, employee and patient
refund payments in accordance with Medical Center policies and
procedures. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Oversees the entire payroll process from start to finish for
each bi-weekly process, demand runs, manual payments, closings,
- Prepares Quarterly Payroll Tax filings to the Internal Revenue
Service, NC Department of Revenue, and Employment Security
Commission as well as the Multiple Worksite Report in cooperation
with the US Department of Labor.
- Maintains Time Record Information in Kronos. Enters Historical
Edits for time & attendance adjustments in Kronos as needed.
- Prepares the paperwork for IRS and NC Department of Revenue and
processes Bi-weekly tax deposits and inputs them in ImageNow.
- Prepares or assists in the filing of the annual escheat filing
to the NC Secretary of State Treasurer.
- Support the daily activity of the Accounts Payable staff to
ensure accurate and timely accounts payable processing.
- Preforms month end closing and reconciliation process for AP
- Assist with preparation of W-2's, 1095c's and 1099's.
- Assists with financial audits, including preparing client
assistance work papers and responding to inquiries from external
auditors, ratings agencies and local agencies.
- Serve as a support contact for vendors, management and staff to
ensure proper protocol is followed regarding payments requests in
accordance with medical center policy.
- Review and\or process weekly and demand check runs in Lawson
through paper checks, ACH's, pcard and BIP payments.
- Maintain vendor files to prevent duplication of vendor
- Review and process "void" and credit transaction requests.
- Work with other departments and vendors to resolve problems and
- Update, maintain and develop where necessary, accounts payable
policies and procedures to support the operations of the
- Maintain recurring payments to ensure proper payment with
regard to both amount paid and amount due in accordance with
established contract terms.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork,
communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and
principles of service excellence.
- Assist in accounting projects or perform other duties as time
permits or as needed.ESSENTIAL JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Education: BS/BA Degree in Accounting/Business or High School
diploma with 15 years' applicable finance experience required.
- Licensure / Certifications: FPC or CPA preferred.
- Experience: Three to five years accounting experience or
equivalent combination of education, training, and professional
experience. Demonstrated experience or extensive course work
related to Business ERP's and document imaging required. Experience
with Lawson and Imagenow software preferred. Proficiency with Excel
is required. Experience with Payroll, Accounts Payable, tax filings
and Lawson (Infor) software preferred.
Keywords: New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington , AP/Payroll Accountant II - Treasury Operations, Human Resources , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!