Housekeeping Utility (FT) - Sandcastle, South Beach
Company: Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort North at the Pavilion
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job Location: Sandcastle South - Myrtle Beach, SC
Salary Range: $14.00 Hourly
About our company:
Springboard Hospitality is a premier third-party hotel management
company with a 30+ year history transforming lifestyle hotels, from
the islands of Hawaii to the tip of Florida.
Springboard team members are a diverse mix of independent
innovators, savvy storytellers, adventure-seekers, tech
entrepreneurs, free-thinkers and community leaders making waves
across one of the most diverse portfolios in the industry.
At every level, the Springboard team is dedicated to going Above &
Beyond to deliver hotels that transform people, properties &
communities. From memorable moments at the front desk, to
thoughtful room touches, to inspired onsite programming, the
Springboard team is committed to empowering the traveler's
journey-inviting them to experience the frequency of each hotel's
locale, pushing authentic human connection, exploration, and
discovery, while also driving revenue.
Springboard values intentional culture, and whole-heartedly
believes in nurturing, training, and empowering the careers of the
hospitality leaders of today and tomorrow, encouraging them to
travel and explore, through Springboard's award-winning portfolio.
From work life balance to career development, Springboard values
and invests in the greater team, reflected in zero corporate
turnover during the pandemic, well positioned for continued growth
through the future.
This position is multi-faceted and will responsible for washing
soiled Housekeeping linen and towels, maintaining proper inventory
of clean linen/towels and maintain maintaining the cleanliness of
the Lobby, Pool, public areas, back of the house and offices in
accordance with all housekeeping procedures, standards and safety
and security rules and regulations to ensure guest
SCOPE OF WORK + TEAM
- Reports to the Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping
- Supports Housekeeping Department
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Follow proper chemical when treating and washing dirty linens and
towels. Follow proper chemical use instructions as noted in the SDS
Binder for usage and safety guidelines.
- Sort, chemically treat and rewash stained linen and towels.
- Sort and discard any stained and damaged linen and towels.
Maintain count of all discard linen.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
Report any equipment immediately to your leader and/or
- Restock and load washer chemicals.
- Maintain linen closets and Laundry storage areas organized,
stocked and clean.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris. Maintain work area
clean and organized. Long hours sometimes required.
- Perform the duties of room attendant following all prescribed
requirements when needed.
- Respond at all times, in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
to guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations and
maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Report all guest
issues and complaints to management.
- Walk all assigned areas at beginning and end of shift; remove
debris/trash from Lobby and Ground levels, pick up and replace
towels in pool area, empty trash containers, and ash urn in public
areas into proper containers.
- Dusts all tables, lamps, and ledges in all public areas and
corridors and other assigned areas.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Maintains supply levels in the public areas, i.e. coffee station
supplies, toilet paper, and Kleenex.
- Maintains and cleans all public washrooms, checking twice each
hour. Makes routine checks of all public areas to ensure
cleanliness. Maintains the cleanliness of all windows, glass, and
doors in public areas.
- Checks elevators, pool area, mops floors, cleans carpets, and
polishes brass as necessary. Maintains elevator tracks. Performs
cleaning tasks in public areas, including vacuuming, sweeping,
moping, and collecting garbage.
Keywords: Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort North at the Pavilion, Wilmington , Housekeeping Utility (FT) - Sandcastle, South Beach, Hospitality & Tourism , Myrtle Beach, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!