Company: Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc.
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally
recognized companies with venues in over 70 countries spanning 265
locations that include owned/licensed or managed Rock Shops, Live
Performance Venues and Cafes. HRI also launched a joint venture
named Hard Rock Digital in 2020, an online sportsbook, retail
sportsbook and internet gaming platform. Beginning with an Eric
Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the worlds largest and most valuable
collection of authentic music memorabilia at more than 86,000
pieces, which are displayed at its locations around the globe. In
2022, Hard Rock Hotels was honored as the number one brand in
Outstanding Guest Satisfaction for the second year in a row among
Upper Upscale Hotels in J.D. Powers North America Hotel Guest
Satisfaction Study. This designation is the fourth consecutive year
the iconic brand has been among top brands in this category. HRI is
the first privately-owned gaming company designated U.S. Best
Managed Company by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal for
the second year. Hard Rock was also honored as one of Forbes Best
Employers for Women, Diversity and New Grads and a Top Large
Employer in the Travel & Leisure, Gaming, and Entertainment
Industry. In 2021, Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos received first place
ranking in the Casino Gaming Executive Satisfaction Survey
conducted by Bristol Associates Inc. and Spectrum Gaming Group for
six of the last seven years. For more information on Hard Rock
International, visit www.hardrock.com or shop.hardrock.com.
Assistant Kitchen Manager and/or Sous Chef will be the second in
command in our cafe, following the Kitchen Manager and/or Executive
Chef. In addition, the Sous Chef ensures that Hard Rock culinary
standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly,
the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly.
Also, the Sous Chef supports the cafes senior leadership in
upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or
exceeding Hard Rocks business objectives.
- Support and assist in the preparation and design of all food
- Maintain the highest standards of brand, local health, safety,
and food preparation hygiene
- Support the team in consistent execution of all systems and
processes to consistently deliver all products and services to
- Support senior management in building a highly functional
hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the
overall success of the
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team
members put the guest first in every
- Execute established food standards for overall guest
satisfaction that meet or exceed brand
- Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and food handling
practices to deliver optimal quality of product to
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined
- Serve as a Culinary Learning Coach developing, implementing,
and executing learning & development programs for all Heart of
House employees in order to drive continuous improvement and
- Fill in for the Executive Chef or Kitchen Manager in planning
and directing food preparation when necessary
- Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and
professional growth. This job description reflects the positions
essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that
may be assigned. Qualifications:
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the hospitality industry
inclusive of restaurant culinary
- Possess all local food management and safety SKILLS
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to
diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills,
excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either
written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in
one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients,
partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English
required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes
during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive
sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work
with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects
(lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of
Closing: Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer.
We live our motto LOVE ALL SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an
inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock
welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is
the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when
requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability,
unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy
regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all
aspects of employment, including the application process. If
reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our
Human Resources team. Disclaimer While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the current job or to require that other or
different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.
emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical
Keywords: Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc., Wilmington , SOUS CHEF, Hospitality & Tourism , Myrtle Beach, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!