Quality Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Hearthside Food Solutions
Posted on: May 26, 2023
FLSA Designation: Salaried/Exempt
Supervision Received/Exercised: Reports to Quality Manager/
Oversees 1-6 Quality Technicians
Responsible for the facility pre-requisite programs including
pre-operational inspection, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring (PEM)
and non-PEM, allergen qualification, roof leak monitoring/reporting
and pest control. Maintain and perform training on
departmental-specific policies, procedures and programs. Ensure
100% legal compliance with all federal, state and local laws and
regulations relating to food processes (i.e., SQF).
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and perform training on the facility pre-requisite
programs including pre-operational inspection, Pathogen
Environmental Monitoring (PEM) and non-PEM, allergen qualification,
roof leak monitoring/reporting and pest control.
- Facilitate the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audit review
- Maintain the master sanitation schedule.
- Maintain and perform training on departmental-specific
policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintain the facility uniform program (supply and
- Perform daily follow-up of facility-wide housekeeping needs and
- Assist with the weekend Food Safety supervisory coverage as
- Assist the Food Safety / Quality Assurance Manager and
technicians as necessary.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as
prescribed by law.
- Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fill in for Quality Manager during his/her absence. Required
Competencies & Knowledge:
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Skill in:
- Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all
- Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all
- Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions and
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram and schedule form. Proficiency in: MS Office
Suite and SAP
- Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to
electrical shock, fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and
meet deadlines as necessary. Physical Requirements:
- Reaching with hands/arms throughout the day.
- Ability to use hands and fingers.
- Ability to see, hear and talk.
- Lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels; hearing
protection may be required.
- Able to walk up to 400 yards to work areas.
- Stand eight hours per day.
- Occasional reaching over head, under and across throughout the
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in close proximity
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather
- Occasional bending, stooping and twisting throughout the day.
- Two-year college degree in business or related field required;
Four-year college degree preferred.
- Three (3) - five (5) years of Food Safety / Quality Assurance
experience in a manufacturing environment; Bakery experience a
- Experience with the administration of various training topics
for new hires and annual regulatory compliance in groups of (2) two
- (25) twenty-five participants; Experience with tracking training
events a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, decision-making and organizational
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills. #LI-SB1
- Job Family Supervisor
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Hearthside Food Solutions, Wilmington , Quality Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...