Sr Customer Service Rep
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The basic function of this position is to provide customer service
for KM marine liquid terminal customers which includes but is not
limited to: order processing, scheduling, bill of lading
preparation, and management of inventory levels. The incumbent
interfaces extensively with terminal operations personnel,
co-workers, customers, and, regulatory personnel as required.
Interact with assigned customer base which includes maintaining all
customer paperwork, installed systems, and equipment.
* Closely interact with customer elected carriers, surveyors, etc.,
regarding orders and product movement.
* Prepare orders for inbound and outbound trucks, and barges on a
daily basis, up to eight-hours per day. Includes all associated
paperwork, extensive interaction with truck drivers, customers and
co-workers, and entering transactions into the Galahad data
* Strict adherence to security regulations and procedures as stated
in the terminal's Facility Security Plan.
* Accurately update/maintain the Galahad system. A broad range of
inventory system knowledge and skills is required, including an
in-depth understanding of the Galahad system. This requires a
detailed knowledge of inventory procedures, i. e., input and
confirm inbound/outbound movements, identify variances (gains and
losses), run reports, enter gauges and the activation of new
contracts. Analyzes product movement operations for accuracy and
* Work with operations, co-workers, scheduling, measurement,
inspectors, and customers to reconcile custody transfer volumes.
Utilizes knowledge of Inventory System in responding to report
requests and inquires.
* Completes month-end-close to provide timely information to
accounting for billing, and to customers for their
* Responds to requests for product throughput analysis from various
departments and customers.
* Prepare monthly and annual regulatory reports as required.
* Provide any required billing in formation to Accounts
* Track terminal expenditures and revenue and assist with weekly
* Assist Terminal Manager as needed.
A minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience in a business
environment is essential.* Knowledge of terminal operations
including product movements and measurement is preferred.
* A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and
current, valid State driver's license are required
Must consistently demonstrate a courteous, professional attitude
when handling customer inquires, as well as when dealing with
* Must be receptive to co-worker guidance and suggestion, and,
evaluate accordingly.* Handle non-routine customer requests,
problems, and inquiries that could entail in-depth research,
complex reasoning, and decision making.
* Must have strong analytical skills.
* Must have very good PC skills, with above average skills in
Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook. A working knowledge of Access
* Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written
communications skills are required.
* Requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with outside parties,
which must also be balanced by standing firm when company
personnel, property or equipment needs to be protected.
*Must be able to take direction from supervisors, keep required
work schedules, focus attention on details, adhere to operational
procedures and follow work rules.
* Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal
supervision and/or direction.
* Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are
* Must be a problem solver with the ability to find
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Wilmington , Sr Customer Service Rep, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!