Company: Early Learning Academies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionExcel Creative Early Learning is here to deliver
every child a joyful, caring, and engaging childcare experience
that will pave the way for each child to fulfill the promise of his
or her life.Job Title: CookLocation: Excel Creative Early Learning
- Burgaw, NCReports To: Program Center DirectorClassification:
Full-time, non-exemptPrepares, produces, heats, cooks, bakes, and
serves a variety of foods from fresh, canned, dry, or frozen states
according to recipes and assists in other related tasks in a
designated food service production and/or service area.Employees
will perform routine tasks independently, referring new or unusual
situations to the Center Director for input and resolution. All
employees are expected to have a love for children and desire to
positively impact their lives. A background check will be
administered for all employees before having unsupervised access to
children. Managers are available to help you through this
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in any of the roles within the
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful
- Ability to create a professional, productive, and positive
environment for parents, and children.
- Strong communication skills that always reflect professionalism
- Follow all policies and procedures documented in the employee
handbook, job description, and any other information verbally
instructed by the Director.Primary Tasks:
- Prepares, produces, heats, cooks, bakes and serves a variety of
foods including soups, entrees, meats, vegetables, desserts,
breads, salads, sandwiches, beverages, or other foods and beverages
as specified by the menus, recipes, and production records.
- Sets up and merchandises food and food service areas and serves
- Operates kitchen equipment such as, but not limited to,
electric mixers, slicers, grinders, ovens, stove
tops,tilt-skillets, tilt kettles, warmers, and coolers.
- Utilizes kitchenware such as, but not limited to, knives,
spatulas, whisks, tongs, spoons, and ladles.
- Assists in the monitoring, reduction, and management of food
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, and kitchen utensils.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly deep cleaning of the
facility, service areas, and all kitchen equipment such as
counters, tables, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, mixers, transient
hot carts, mobile carts, and rolling racks.
- Disposes of waste according to the Food Services Operating
Procedures, OSHA, the State, and the HealthDepartment processes and
- May receive, label, and store food and supplies according to
produce and Food Service Standards.
- Taking inventory of all food and supplies
- Any other duties assigned by the Center DirectorAdditional
- Safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent periods of standing, stooping, bending, and occasional
- Stand and walk on concrete and tile floors for long periods of
- Withstand a wide range of temperatures
- Work in refrigerated areas
- Able to work a full assigned shift; shift schedules are
typically 8 hours with a 30-minute break
- Proposed schedule - Monday - Friday,
- NC Criminal Record Check Qualifying Letter; Physical; Negative
TB Test result
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all
federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment
discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious
creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or
intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status
(including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic
partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including
sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical
condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other
protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational
Keywords: Early Learning Academies, Wilmington , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Burgaw, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!