Nurse Navigator - Inpatient
Company: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare
Location: Carolina Beach
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Nurse Navigator-Inpatient RN has the primary responsibility for
timely assessment and admission of patients referred with acute
symptom management within the hospital setting. This includes
assessment, admission, care planning, education and communication
with patients, families, and facility staff. The RN is responsible
for using the Nursing Process to effectively manage the admission
plan of care for each patient based on appropriate nursing
standards, policies, and procedures. The RN is responsible for
discharge planning of current LCFL patients admitted to the
hospital. The Nurse Navigator RN is also responsible for continuing
his/her own personal development to enhance practice and the
profession of Nursing. Performs other duties as assigned including
assisting with clinical liaison functions. Perform other duties as
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Utilizes all aspects of the Nursing Process (assessment,
planning, implementation, evaluation) with appropriate skill to
assess patients/clients for eligibility for agency programs and to
effectively manage the Admission Plan of Care.
- Provides appropriate and pertinent patient education to the
patient/family according to the Plan of Care to facilitate optimal
patient and family comfort and support in life limiting
- Appropriately documents and communicates all required
information in accordance with agency policies and procedures,
accreditation, regulation, and legal requirements.
- After admission, effectively and appropriately communicates
with the interdisciplinary team assigned to patient.
- Annually continues personal development to enhance practice and
- Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance program
- Understands that teamwork is a crucial part of our business and
is able to work well with colleagues. Cooperates well with others,
accepts and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of
Lower Cape Fear LifeCare on a daily basis.
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing, either
through an AD, Diploma, or BSN program.
- Licensure / Certifications: Current license to practice
professional nursing in the State of North Carolina / South
- Experience: Two years experience. Prefer hospice or home
- Essential Technical / Motor Skills: Ability to speak clearly to
communicate with patients, families, physicians and staff. Good
command of the English language. Computer experience helpful.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop positive interaction
with patients, families, physicians and staff and other health
professionals in order to effectively communicate and educate about
hospice services and end-of-life care. Strong verbal and written
communication skills. Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to move freely.
Ability to work long hours and manage stressful situations. Ability
to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing at least 45 pounds or less
in the assessment and implementation of patient care.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Requires higher
level of mental faculties accompanied by short and long-term
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Must be able to assess a
patient's condition, formulate a Plan of Care, and select
appropriate interventions to meet patient/family outcomes. Requires
higher level of mental faculties accompanied by short and long-term
- Exposure to Hazards: Frequent exposure to blood and body
fluids, infectious diseases, needle puncture wounds. May be exposed
to dangerous animals and traffic hazards while home visiting. May
encounter patients and other situations, which present a potential
threat to personal safety. May encounter temperature changes and
- Other - Hours of Work: Flexible schedule to accommodate
staffing needs, which may include weekends, holidays, rotating
shifts and on-call work.
- Driving: May be required to drive. Must have a valid driver's
license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. Will be
required to sign a release authorizing HR to check DMV records
every three years. Will be subject to the Safe Driver Policy.
- Population Served: Physicians, RN's, facility administrators,
discharge planners, social workers, other health professionals,
insurance specialists, general public, community leaders, vendors.
All patient populations from infants through geriatric with life
limiting illness. Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care,
infusion, intensive care, nurse rn, recovery, registed, registered
nurse, staff nurse
Keywords: Lower Cape Fear LifeCare, Wilmington , Nurse Navigator - Inpatient, Healthcare , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...