Registered Veterinary Technician
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: May 15, 2022
College Road Animal Hospital is located in historic Wilmington,
North Carolina. Close to colorful beaches, a scenic Riverwalk, and
a plethora of outdoor activities, our 5-doctor, first-class, small
animal hospital has been providing comprehensive veterinary care in
our community for over 30 years. Our rock star team is
collaborative, practices cutting edge medicine, and is dedicated to
helping pets live longer, healthier lives.
If you are a passionate and caring team player, please feel free to
send us a resume or apply today!
To find out more about College Road Animal Hospital, please visit
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed
network of 300+ animal hospitals with the common goal of providing
the highest quality veterinary care to companion animals with
exceptional client experiences.We are seeking a Credentialed
Veterinary Technician to join our growing team and help ensure we
are providing those great experiences. When you join our
organization as a Veterinary Technician, you gain access to a peer
network of over 5000 individuals, CE allowance, and Learning &
Development programs to help you meet your career goals. Whether
you are just now starting your journey as a Veterinary Technician
or are looking to make a change, SVP provides you with the
resources you need to have a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced
- Patient examinations, auscultation of heart and lung sounds,
determine normal/abnormal TPRs and QATS
- Professional client communication and education obtaining
medical histories and symptoms
- Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology,
cytology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood chemistry, and
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow
- Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical
environment in order to ensure an asepsis environment for both
patient and personal safety.
- Anesthesia monitoring and endotracheal intubation
- Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering
medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages,
providing high quality physical and psychological needs of the
patient during any hospitalization stay or visit
- Proficient in dental prophylaxis
- Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and
dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse
reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT,
LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.Ready to help us WAG?
We live out our WAG Values on a daily basis, but don't just take
our word for it. Check out the video below to hear directly from
some of our teammates on what our WAG Values mean to them.
Our team members enjoy an extensive, comprehensive benefits
package. When you're on our team, we've got you covered.
YOUR HEALTH - COVERED.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Teledoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
YOUR FAMILY - COVERED.
- Caring for Elderly Family
- Returning to Work After a Baby
- Moving to a New Community
- Grieving for a Lost Loved One
- Military Family Matters
- Job Relocation
- Buying or Selling a Home
YOUR FINANCES - COVERED.
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Budgeting and Financial Guidance
- Teammate Referral Program
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- Retirement Planning
- Will and Testament Planning
- Tax Issues
- Identify Theft Recovery
- Legal Counseling
- Teammate Assistance Program
About Southern Veterinary PartnersSVP pursues partnerships with
like-minded veterinarians to build this growing network of
compassionate, service-oriented animal hospitals. We're based in
Birmingham, AL, but the heartbeat of our organization is in our
300+ local animal hospitals across the country.
Our team's continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable
growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than
5,000 employees nationwide. The organization's success has not gone
unnoticed, landing us recognition among Inc. 5000's List of
"Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, and
2021), Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest
Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021),
and Birmingham Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" (2021).
You + SVP - Amazing Together
Let's talk about your amazing future. Start the conversation with
our teams today.
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Wilmington , Registered Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!