Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Addiction Medicine) - Part Time
Company: New Season
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you looking for a better quality of life with a flexible
schedule?No nights, no weekends, competitive pay and no hospital &
we also cover medical malpractice.New SeasonFor over 30 years, New
Season Treatment Centers have been a leading national health care
service provider of outpatient treatment centers that specialize in
providing safe, quality and best in class care for individuals
living with Opioid Use Disorder ("OUD").Operating in over 70
treatment centers in multiple states, our team members are engaged
in medication-assisted treatment, counseling, support, and care
management of individuals living with OUD. We treat the whole
person and, in so doing, address the underlying causes of OUD in an
effort to provide a continuum of care that not only addresses
treatment needs but supports the patient on their journey to
recovery.Nurse Practitioner Job Summary:Assists in the provision of
patient care including patient evaluations, and health screenings.
Supports the Medical Director by performing intake, discharge and
administrative procedures while communicating effectively with the
nursing staff, counselors and Program Director.Essential
- Physical examination of all patients upon admission, including,
without limitation, annual physical examinations and health
examinations, and review with patients of admissions-related
- All examinations shall be performed consistent with the
applicable rules and regulations for medically-monitored treatment
programs/facilities in the state in which the clinic operates.
- Issuance of patient medication changed orders and such verbal
orders as may be issued; as applicable to state rules and
- Completion of readmit physical examinations and annual physical
examination of all patients.
- Availability to staff for emergency management of patient
- Referral of patients to primary care providers for medical
conditions other than narcotic addiction
- Assist with training of nursing staff.
- Ensures the nursing staff properly corrects changes in
medication dosage via verbal or written orders.
- Provides reports as requested.
- Attends weekly staff meetings with counselors or documents in
the patient record alternative.
- The Nurse Practitioner is the professional tasked with labeling
medication bottles in the absence of the Pharmacist.
- Review, and sign all appropriate clinical documentation
forms.Education/Licensure/Certification: Current and active state
license as a Nurse Practitioner in the state where the clinic is
located. Current and active DEA license schedule II, III C with the
ability to prescribe buprenorphine or willing to register to become
a DATA 2000 provider.
FL Positions Only: Must have a Psychiatric Certification.
Required Knowledge: Must be computer literate and have knowledge of
all Microsoft products, especially Office and Excel, as well as
Google Suite experience.
Preferred Knowledge: 1 year of EMR experience.
Experience Required: Two years of experience in the field of
Substance Abuse.7New Hanover Metro Treatment Center
Keywords: New Season, Wilmington , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Addiction Medicine) - Part Time, Healthcare , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!