Project Manager-Capital Funds Position
Company: Housing Authority of the City of Wilmington
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Commercial, Multi-Unit Affordable Housing Development and
The Housing Authority of the City of Wilmington is seeking to fill
the Project Manager-Capital Funds position. The Housing Authority
provides a generous benefit package. Salary will be commensurate
with experience and education. Submit a cover letter, resume,
Wilmington Housing Authority employment application and three
professional references to Project Manager-Capital Funds Job
Search, Attention, Human Resources Department, click Apply.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The
Housing Authority City of Wilmington is an Equal Opportunity
Affirmative Action Employer.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF THE POSITION:
The Project Manager-Capital Funds receives authority and is
directly responsible to the Vice President, Finance and
Administration for WHA. He/she is responsible for overall success
and effectiveness of WHA Capital Fund construction projects. He/she
is responsible for overall construction project leadership, project
success, project status reporting, budget management, contractor
and vendor payments, compliance and monitoring. Must have a
successful track record of project ownership and effectively
managing capital fund project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
combined with a passion for serving others.
• Leads by example and serves as a role model for the standards and
behaviors consistent with the core values and culture of the
• Provide construction management to ensure successful completion
of multiple full lifecycle capital fund new construction, rehab
projects for WHA properties
• Coordinate the design team, project engineers, architects, field
management, sub-contractors, associates and other field staff
assigned to the project, providing strategic direction and
• Prepares overall construction project schedule and ensures
contractors adhere to and are in compliance with that schedule.
Reviews schedules prepared by the contractor and verifies that
construction deadlines/milestones are achieved and monitor punch
list work to completion. Responsible for maintaining all records,
information tracking and reports, to meet needs of management and
• Monitor and forecast costs for the assigned site and participates
in the preparation of the monthly cost forecast report in
conjunction with the VP/Finance and Administration as
• Ensures the preparation of the change orders proposed to WHA.
Monitors progress of design to ensure construction documents are
complete to allow timely start of the construction and continuity
• Conducts site meetings attended by contractors and field
managers. Coordinates and directs, as needed, efforts of the
project support team - scheduling, design and safety.
• Provides preconstruction services including scope of work
development, logistics planning, review of estimates,
identification of long lead items, due diligence walk-throughs and
reporting, coordination with Development and other departments as
• Any other duties and responsibilities to accomplish the mission
of this position and the mission of the company and its
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ownership, accountability: accepts ownership and accountability
for overall performance results of the project teams, project
results, project outcomes
• Conscientious: High self-awareness of how he/she affects
• Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
• Collaborator: Effective working with stakeholders at all
• Results orientated: Leads by delivering above expectation
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• HUD, tax incentive financing, affordable housing construction
project management experience desirable, but not necessary
• 6 - 8 years of construction management with particular knowledge
of general contracting, commercial or residential construction.
• Bachelors in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management
or related field.
• Minimum of 6 - 8 years of construction management with particular
knowledge of general contracting, commercial or residential
• Valid North Carolina driver's license required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work to be performed by personnel assigned to this
classification. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified. All personnel may be required to perform any other
duties and fulfill any other responsibilities to accomplish the
mission of the position and the mission of the company.
The Housing Authority of the City of Wilmington, NC is committed in
policy and in practice to providing equal employment opportunities
for all applicants and employees, based upon their training,
experience and overall qualifications. Consistent with this
commitment, discrimination against an applicant or employee based
upon the individual's race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, disability, military status, protected veteran status,
genetic information or any other condition or characteristic
protected by law is strictly prohibited.
Keywords: Housing Authority of the City of Wilmington, Wilmington , Project Manager-Capital Funds Position, Executive , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!