Network Infrastructure Manager
Posted on: February 22, 2021
All the primary duties within this document will be performed
according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines
within the department and the Medical Center.JOB SUMMARY:This
position is operationally responsible for ensuring the
availability, integrity, and security for all IT networking
infrastructure and for the day-to-day management of the Network,
Mobile & Voice Services Teams at New Hanover Regional Medical
Center.PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Complete general administrative work, including work team
meetings, audit reviews. Develops, administers, and monitors
assigned budgets. Approves invoices and manages expenses, and other
miscellaneous activities centered around the daily operation of the
department(s). Manages vendor relationships to ensure appropriate
service levels are achieved. Negotiates vendor contracts and
- Oversees life cycle management of installed equipment, perform
asset management to effectively manage lifecycles and inventory.
Order equipment as needed within the forecasted budget
- Leads, mentors, and coaches staff of technical professionals in
a geographically dispersed environment. Conducts performance
plans/reviews of those team members.
- Ensure the development of team members through coaching and
professional growth to ensure peak team and individual
- Delegate responsibilities when applicable to foster the growth
and cross-train team members
- Continuously improve IT support and services provided to the
business to be consistent, reliable, and customer-focused using our
- Contribute to the overall strategic network vision and
integrate a broad range of ideas regarding network analysis,
design, and engineering.
- Provide leadership in strategic and general work projects.
- Develop and manage effective change management processes within
the team, working with change management to request applicable
changes to the IT infrastructure to ensure administrative,
physical, and technical data security standards are implemented and
- Lead the network design of Cloud solutions as well as WAN and
- Participate with teams in vendor presentations and keep
up-to-date on technology advancements.
- Provide strategic planning input to the IT leadership team and
execute tactically, serving as the management escalation point for
end-users critical issues, ensures high customer satisfaction.
- Ensures timely resolution of trouble tickets, to maximize the
availability of services
- Take responsibility for long-term strategic planning, ensuring
network capacity meets current and future network requirements and
network infrastructure components do not exceed capacity.
- Identifies IT requirements and develops financial estimates for
IT aspects of construction and renovation projects.
- Works cooperatively with I.S. Management team to deliver
outstanding IT services. Periodically serve as the on-call Manager
for the Information Services department.
- Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork
communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and
principles of service excellence
- Performs other duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL JOB
SPECIFICATIONS:Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degreeLicensure /
Certifications: NoneExperience:-- Excellent communication skills,
in both written and oral/verbal-- Good organizational and time
management skills are needed. This can be shown through the ability
to prioritize duties in the face of multiple projects/tasks and
meet/beat deadlines-- Good interpersonal skills are needed to
enable the manager to work effectively with individuals across
different units or even within the same unit-- The ability to lead,
influence, and solve problems in a participative environment.--
Strong analytical skills-- Must have the ability to display a great
level of creativity while carrying out a daily work routine-- A
minimum of 5 years working experience in a large multi-location
networking environment-- A minimum of 2 years experience in an IT
management capacity, with proven experience in coaching and
supervising junior staff-- In-depth knowledge of client systems,
networking, and connectivity fundamentals. - provided by Dice
Keywords: eHospitalHire, Wilmington , Network Infrastructure Manager, Executive , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!