Company: Hampton Inn & Suites - LBA Hospitality
Location: Carolina Beach
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job category: Job link: Provide leadership and demonstrate the
LBA culture with every action and/or reactions. Acts as the main
liaison between the General Manager and daily operations in a
dual/combo property. Plan strategically to maximize profits.
Responsible for all major areas of hotel operations and services
including, but not limited to: Front Office, Housekeeping,
Maintenance and Food and Beverage to include but not limited to:
personnel, budget performance and financial controls in accordance
with established quality standards. Responsible for all operations
for their hotel brand with potentially more responsibility in the
absence of the General Manager.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property,
character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to
this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate
security clearance, per company policy.
- Five years' experience supervising (at least) 15
- Bachelor's Degree helpful but not required. SUMMARY OF
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, stooping,
lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking,
talking, hearing and effectively communicate.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch and
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with
- Must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines
such as graphs.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
all times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Is compliant, understands and implements regulations which
affect operations. Ensures others do the same. Accounting:
- Knowledge of processes including and not limited to:
receivables, payables, budgets, invoices, payroll Professionalism:
- Appropriate attire for associate and management staff. Wear
proper attire at all times in accordance with LBA standards.
Monitor attire and uniform standards compliance for all. Safety:
- Implements company policies and provide a safe working
environment by ensuring compliance with all safety
- Thorough understanding of emergency procedures.
- Heads up E - Team (t b discussed)
- Maintains safety and security practices. Is alert to hazardous
- Reports and/or resolves hazardous conditions immediately.
- Inspect guests' rooms, public access areas and outsider grounds
for cleanliness, safety and appearance.
- Answer and resolve guest complaints as in the Service recovery
- Develop others to progress and advance careers
- Document policy violations by any staff member and follow up
ensure performance was corrected or not repeated. Sales:
- Develop and execute a plan for meeting and exceeding budgeted
sales goals and budgeted expense goals.
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales team - locally and field
- Proficient in all Company - issued software programs, including
and not limited to:
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Property Management Systems
- Central Reservations Systems
- M 3 Abilities:
- Read and interpret business records and statistical
- Apply reasoning to carry out instructions in various formats:
written, oral or diagram
- Utilize skills to interrupt financial data and prepare
- Make decisions based on facts, reports, as well as experience.
- Promote teamwork and positive associate morale.
- Interpret job specifications to all hotel staff.
- Analyze and resolve work or assist associate in problem
solving. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all hotel staff meet and greet guests as well as ensure
staff provides an atmosphere of gracious hospitality to all
- Manage the new hire process for each department. Ensure all
newly hired associates:
- Receive a company/hotel orientation and overview of operations,
which includes and not limited to:
- Completion of all new hire paperwork
- LBA Orientation DVD
- Safety DVD's
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment
- Associate Handbook
- Area specific training
- Review on going training practices to ensure all associates are
kept up to date on current policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training,
coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Monitor communication between departments to ensure a positive
flow of information in a timely manner. FINANCIAL
- Develops and executes aggressive long and short range financial
objectives to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals and budgeted
- Review on a daily/weekly basis all cost accounts for each area
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within
labor models. ADMINISTRATIVE
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with
service standards and that outages are reported and resolved in a
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules,
payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Communicate and document using internal means: logs, bibles,
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook,
implement all therules, policies and procedures established by the
company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vender
- Maintain involvement in the community from both business and
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of
performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining an
aggressively friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to
work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train
her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies
will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further
promotion, potentially as a Regional Director of Operations, Bench
Manager, Director of Hotel Openings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as
needed. Failed loading page (Protocol "" is unknown)
Keywords: Hampton Inn & Suites - LBA Hospitality, Wilmington , General Manager, Executive , Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!