Posted on: November 11, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
Responsible for operating, managing, and continuously improving
Comcast?s Video, Commercial, Data, Home Security, Systems, and
Network services as well as associated infrastructure in a 7/24
environment. Examples of infrastructure include, but are not
routers, switches, optical and TDM transport, applications,
servers, IP scopes, databases, etc. Focuses on deploying and
stabilizing code, services, networks, systems, tools; drives
standardization and service focused instrumentation; provides
subject matter expertise,
resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary;
partners with/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous
improvement. Serves as operations support for various field, CARE,
vendors, and customer-focused organizations. Contributes to command
and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex
outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works
and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated
agencies, when necessary, to address issues across the PSTN,
peering arrangements, inter-operability issues, etc. Works with
limited supervision and direction while executing associated
functions and responsibilities. Follows operational practices and
independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine
solutions. Receives general direction in areas of focus. May serve
as team lead on projects.Core Responsibilities:
- Skills in Areas of Focus: SYSTEMS- Design, code, test, deploy and
evaluate highly reliable programs/scripts in Perl, C, C++, etc.
Administers and deploys configuration changes in a Weblogic, Unix,
Linux environments. Develops and implements fail over procedures to
impacts resulting from failures in the application or
infrastructure. NETWORK- Load balancer, firewalls, routers, CMTS,
associated protocols, advanced troubleshooting, protocols, multi
and uni-caste, MPLS, IP management, DNS, traffic management, and
sparing. VOICE- PSTN, SIP,
routing, Cedar Point, Cisco, IMS, SS7, carrier to carrier
troubleshooting, etc. COMMERCIAL- Axerra, Ciena, Juniper, Layers 1,
2, 3, ENS, and associated services. VIDEO- DSG and 2way conduit
applications, channel migration from the headend to the CRAN,
set-tops, IP video deliver-i.e. RPD's, OM-1000's, and NC-1500's,
MPEG troubleshooting, through a variety of highly complex
analytical duties in the testing and evaluation of Comcast's
- Performs a variety of analytical duties in the planning,
deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast?s network, products,
and services including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform, Voice,
Data, Commercial, Systems, and Video platform.
- Directs third party agencies (i.e. AT&T, Verizon) while
troubleshooting and resolving complex troubles focusing on rapid
restoration. Devises and implements strategies for solving
issues directly impacting internal and external customers or
increasing performance across eco-system.
- Develops, produces, and reviews documentation, instructional and
procedural manuals for other employees to utilize to resolve
problems or make network improvements. Examples include: complex
processes for acceptance of new products (i.e. cable modems,
systems,) testing such as operational readiness, tools focused on
automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all the XNOC tools and alarms; analyzes systems needs
and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios; implements
code changes and suggests improvements. Ensures the availability of
networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, monitors the
network and services to determine problem areas and/or areas of
concern. Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related
resources are properly maintained. Provides subject matter
expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups.
Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and
coordination during low level outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems,
focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and
stabilizing products following established change management
processes. Accountable for configuration management techniques,
ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant
- Accountable for understanding and managing services within
ecosystems cutting across multiple technologies and solutions.
Requires detailed understanding of
interdependencies/intradependences. Accountable for providing
technical assessment of changes across eco-systems to ensure
resolving potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter-
related vertical systems.
- Possesses depth and breadth across one to two major
ecosystems/technologies requiring technical competency, advanced
training, outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Leverages engineering methodologies is specific areas of focus.
Possesses working knowledge and application of process design,
client server technology, and internal processes. Provides training
and coaching to NSAR, CARE, sub-set of field organizations, as well
as peers, as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Computer
- CCENT required, CCNA preferred
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
- Must be able to travel 25-50% Employees at all levels are
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for
how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put
ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of
our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our
digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
?Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Wilmington , Network Engineer, Engineering , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!