Posted on: January 25, 2023
Cape Fear Transit Management - Wilmington, NC 28401
Wave Transit in Wilmington, NC is seeking Fleet Mechanics to
perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs on
all vehicles and equipment assigned to the fleet.
- $20.46 per hour
- 401(k) with match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus payResponsibilities:
- Ensures vehicles operate in a safe, comfortable, like-new
condition by performing highest quality maintenance repairs on all
aspects of vehicle systems.
- Assist in diagnoses and repairs to mechanical, electrical,
HVAC, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, transmissions, and gas/diesel
engines, with supervision and help as needed.
- Assist on road calls, on-the-road repairs and road tests as
- Properly filling out work orders and signing out parts when
used on vehicles.
- Keep all company tools and equipment clean and in good working
- Work well with all other departments, co-workers and
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Performs shop cleanup at the end of shift.
- Ability to learn and comprehend maintenance manuals, parts
books, and electrical diagrams.
- Must have own tools and tool box up to one inch
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education and/or
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum one-year automotive or heavy-duty truck repair
- General knowledge of cranking, charging, electrical, and
Other skills and Abilities:
- Be able to obtain a valid Class B North Carolina Commercial
Driver's License with Air Brake and Passenger endorsements
- Maintain current DOT physical certification and good motor
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Ability to use both standard and metric tools required
- Paint and body experience a plus. Associated topics: air, air
conditioning, heat, hvac r, insulation, meter, refrigeration,
repair, vent, ventilation
Keywords: transdevna, Wilmington , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!