North Carolina, Special Education Teacher (NCVA)
Company: School Staff
Posted on: September 23, 2022
WHO ARE WE?
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
Get to know North Carolina Virtual Academy (NCVA) !
- North Carolina Virtual Academy
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We
provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized
education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and
learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own
pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and
maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our
employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat
one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to
innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the Stride K12 partner school,
North Carolina Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our
The mission of North Carolina Virtual Academy is to provide an
exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for
students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships
coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and
student-centered instructional model. Student success will be
measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student
satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the
academic community. Join us!
Special Education Teacher provide instruction, support and
guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students'
individual needs as defined by each student's IEP. The special
education teacher is also responsible for the compliance documents
required in serving students with special needs.
This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently,
typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a
professional home office without distraction during workday,
typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Implement instructional strategies that stimulate learning and
increase student engagement
- Create instructional resources to meet the varying needs of
- Collaborate with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals,
curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning
- Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities (or
- Host live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as
- Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student
- Collects data and work samples to support documentation of IEP
- Documents all contact with parents, collaborations with general
education teachers, and interventions with students
- Makes modifications and accommodations to K12 lessons and
assessments as specified by the IEP
- Collaborates with general education teachers to ensure
inclusion and success of student in the general education
- Collaborates on all progress, semester and grade
- Provides special education services to students; supports
general education teachers and parents with student accommodations
to promote the attainment of IEP goals
- Communicates with parents and applicable related service staff
to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree(s) AND
- Minimum three (3) years teaching experience AND
- Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are
required to provide past performance data.
- Teaching Certificate(s)
- Performance Evaluations
- Prior Year State Assessment Data
- Reference Letter(s)
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state certification.
Endorsement: Special Education
Residency Requirement:Must be a North Carolina resident.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel at least once per month within and between
assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly
scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open
houses and orientations.
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g.,
database and web-based tools)
- Ability to clearrequired background check(s)
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a
- Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual.Must be a North Carolina resident.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties
and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by
their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the
law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood
that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment
that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: School Staff, Wilmington , North Carolina, Special Education Teacher (NCVA), Education / Teaching , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!