Foreman - Commercial Grade Division
Company: S.T. Wooten Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
JOB LOCATION: Wilmington, NC and surrounding areas POSITIONS
AVAILABLE: 1 PRIMARY FUNCTION: The efficient management of assigned
projects or operations. Position has direct responsibility for
personnel, equipment, scheduling, safety, quality workmanship and
completion of assigned projects on time and within estimated
budget. ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Commercial Grade Division Foreman
- Supervise and direct crew to assure completion of assigned
project as instructed by the superintendent, assistant
superintendent, and/or the project manager.
- Ensure that new personnel are adequately trained in company
policies, safety requirements and job responsibilities.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of assigned personnel with special
emphasis on their contribution to the company and our contribution
- Assist and direct crews in proper use of equipment, improving
job performance, controlling cost and quality of work, increasing
productivity, improving communication and housekeeping on
- Perform equipment inspections, request maintenance and repairs
- Monitor crews and maintain regular work hours. Maintain daily
payroll records and log hours worked for each employee assigned to
- Maintain daily diary, recording conversations, weather
conditions and events which could be used for future
- Complete all required daily reports, verify their accuracy and
transmit promptly to the superintendent, assistant superintendent,
and/or project manager.
- Ensure all work complies with local laws, ordinances and EPA
regulations. This includes all subcontractors working on your
- Ensure all work is performed with emphasis on safety. Insist
upon compliance of all safety regulations. Conduct weekly tool box
meetings with safety on the agenda.
- Maintain good relations with general public, engineers,
architects, inspectors and customers to facilitate job progress and
to promote a positive company image. Develop a courteous and
considerate attitude toward these groups.
- Encourage the development of corporate unity, insuring team
spirit and pride throughout the company.
- Perform additional duties as required in the operations of the
project or as directed by the superintendent, assistant
superintendent, and/or project manager. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old. Work Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a crew leader or
- Only candidates with experience in NCDOT Roadway and/or Federal
projects need apply.
- Required experience in grading and paving for sitework,
subdivisions, highway work, traffic and erosion control.
- Must have the ability to read blue prints, develop grade work
and schedule crews and equipment.
- Must have the hands-on ability to operate heavy equipment and
- Basic computer skills are a must. Other:
- Applicant must be able to pass background check. Including
background checks for military bases, airport operation areas, all
government, port authority and secure industrial site.
- Must have clean MVR and a valid driver's license.
- Candidate should be able and willing to work nights, weekends
and extended hours as needed.
- Must be a team player with an exceptional work ethic. Heavy
Physical Demands: Heavy physical effort required including pulling
and lifting or moving light weight material with occasional lifting
or moving materials or equipment (over 80 pounds). If a position
specific Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in
more detail the physical demands that are required. Physical
Activity: Position requires the ability to continuously work around
noise, dust, heat, cold, oil, and heavy equipment. Personal
protective equipment may be required. Position requires ability to
exchange ideas quickly and clearly and the ability to receive and
evaluate detailed information and instructions. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have
other duties assigned at any time. EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: S.T. Wooten Corporation, Wilmington , Foreman - Commercial Grade Division, Education / Teaching , Wilmington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!