Part Time Marketing Administrative Assistant - OceanWatch
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Provides organizational and administrative support to department(s)
and its team members. Enters and retrieves work related information
contained in computer databases to update records, files,
reservations, etc. Addresses inquiries from guests and associates
via telephone and in person. Transmits information or documents
using a computer, mail, or fax machine. Prepares letters, memos,
and other documents using e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet,
database, or presentation software. Processes incoming and outgoing
mail. Creates and maintains computer and paper-based filing and
organization systems for records, reports, and documents. Compiles,
copies, sorts, and files records of departmental activities and
Follows all company policies and procedures, ensures uniform and
personal appearance are clean and professional, maintains
confidentiality of proprietary information, and protects company
assets. Welcomes and acknowledges all guests according to company
standards, anticipates and address guests' service needs.
Communicates with others using clear and professional language,
prepares and reviews written documents accurately and completely,
and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develops and
maintains positive working relationships with others, supports team
to reach common goals, and listens and responds appropriately to
the concerns of others. Complies with quality assurance
expectations and standards. Reports accidents, injuries, and unsafe
work conditions to manager; and completes safety training and
certifications. Stands, sits, or walks for extended periods or for
an entire work shift. Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and
places objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without
assistance. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by
Policies and Procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensures uniform, nametag, and personal appearance are clean,
hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive,
and timely manner.
- Listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns,
and requests using brand or property specific processes (e.g.,
LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE, ASGARD) to resolve
issues and build trust.
- Welcomes and acknowledges each guest with a smile, eye contact,
and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when
- Anticipates guests' service needs, including asking questions
to better understand needs and watching/listening to guest
preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provides a fond
- Assists other associates to ensure proper coverage and prompt
- Answers telephones using appropriate etiquette including
answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's
voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate
person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller
on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to
end the call.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and
- Prepares and reviews written documents (e.g., daily logs,
business letters, memorandums, reports), including proofreading and
editing written information to ensure accuracy and
- Communicates efficiently with others to effectively exchange
Working with Others
- Supports all co-workers and treats them with dignity and
- Develops and maintains positive and productive working
relationships with other associates and departments.
- Partners with and assists others to promote an environment of
teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Handles sensitive issues with associates and/or guests with
tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Enters and locates work-related information using computers
and/or point of sale systems.
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects
weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Creates and maintains computer and paper-based filing and
organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Transmits information or documents using a computer.
- Enters and retrieves information contained in computer
databases and software to update records, files, reservations.
- Prepares letters, memos, and other documents using e-mail, word
processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Transmits information or documents using mail, or fax
- Operates standard office equipment such as telephone, voice
mail, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
Safety and Security
- Reports work related accidents, or other injuries immediately
upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follows company and department safety and security policies and
procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Computer Skills
- LearningInterpersonal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity RelationsCommunications
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied ReadingPersonal Attributes
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Planning and OrganizingGeneral Administration
- Typing Computer Software
- Microsoft Office
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS EducationHigh school diploma/G.E.D.
equivalentRelated Work Experience At least 1 year of related work
experienceSupervisory Experience No supervisory experience is
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Wilmington , Part Time Marketing Administrative Assistant - OceanWatch, Advertising , Myrtle Beach, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!